Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband problems right now??

Options
  • 08-07-2008 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Is anyone experiencing any connectivity problems right now on BT DSL? I seem to be able to connect to .ie domains - or irish based sites - but not .com or .net??

This wouldn't be one of their dns server issues that they used to have (last year), would it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'm having the same problem, but it doesn't appear to be dns based, as I've tried using the eircom.net DNS and still the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Mine is acting the prick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Yep, same problem here. Access to most sites suddenly disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Same here,I'm in Cork btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Same here on Summerhill exchange - can access some irish based sites otherwise nadda..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

mcgovern wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem, but it doesn't appear to be dns based, as I've tried using the eircom.net DNS and still the same problem.
    Hopefully they will get it sorted soon.

Have also noticed regular router disconnects from the service over the last few weeks despite having it setup as 'always on'. Wonder is this related? Its a bit of a pain as an application I use requires constant connectivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mr. Magoo

Eurorunner wrote: »
    Is anyone experiencing any connectivity problems right now on BT DSL? I seem to be able to connect to .ie domains - or irish based sites - but not .com or .net??

This wouldn't be one of their dns server issues that they used to have (last year), would it?

Same problem here. Can connect to irish sites like RTÉ, the BT homepage (of course) but not sites based overseas. Can't get into any of our work sites which are based here but I think they hang off the DNS of our webserver in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Same in swords

Working 16:31

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Same problem cant connect to any other websites or Eve online (grr) in cork

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Limerick is the same, can't access or open any websites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭^pt^

It just started working again for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Back in business here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Was about to say changing to eircom.net DNS worked this time, but I see everyone is back up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Yeah, it's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

In east cork ...no access to any sites apart from irish ones...

getting called by bloody everyone (bit of a computer nerd) wondering whats going on..

Basically all sites outside are uncontactaable... done a tracert on all basic sites i.e google.com etc... and nowts coming up... Someone in Eircom forgot to pay the bill I think for the main connection in Dublin..

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭rayfitzharris

www.independent.ie not working
    www.live.com not working
    googletalk not working

www.theregister.co.uk working
    vpn to work, working
    skype i think is working, shows as online anyway..

I've been having frequent disconnects recently too, i've been blaming that on a new voyager 210 firmware (Version 3.62a) wondering if a means alpha..
    was going to try and switch back to 3.01z but maybe somethig else is going on..

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DirksDiggler

Back since about 4.30pm but yeah, access dropped here in Co. Wexford for about half an hour too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

service back here too.

Has anyone else been getting the router disconnects over the last while??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

haven had one that I know today but have had intermittant problems this morning wouldnt connect to any sites, Then some, then all, then none again. Kept going on this merry-go-round till before I left for work this evening hopefully will be alright when I get home tomorrow. PS3 even dropped outy of a game online aswell so this is probably related also..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Intermittant problems last night, went eventually at about 10.50pm. Still out this morning...

• Advertisement
Advertisement