Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloys for Vectra

Options
  • 08-07-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Everybody!

I'm looking for used alloys with tyres (both in good condition) for Vauxhall Vectra '00 (@ this moment I have steel wheels 15" with 5 studs).

Can anyone help me where can I find them in good price.:eek:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Its seems everyone is looking for alloys today. If your looking for originals. Try Scrapyards (golden pages) or Ebay. If you want new also try ebay or some of the other irish outfits mentioned in the other threads.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I've said this before but....I'd strongly advise against buying 2nd hand alloy wheels or tyres. It's a huge risk, and a false economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I've said this before but....I'd strongly advise against buying 2nd hand alloy wheels or tyres. It's a huge risk, and a false economy.

False economy?? not so sure. I have purchased New and second hand alloys. Neither with any issues. Used ones are a fair price and may need balancing. New ones can also be a fair price. Shop around. Thats where the deals are at. If your gonna buy used check them out its not difficult if an alloy has damage it has damge and you can spot it, walk away simple. Plenty of good ones out there. plenty!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

listermint wrote: »
    False economy?? not so sure. I have purchased New and second hand alloys. Neither with any issues. Used ones are a fair price and may need balancing. New ones can also be a fair price. Shop around. Thats where the deals are at. If your gonna buy used check them out its not difficult if an alloy has damage it has damge and you can spot it, walk away simple. Plenty of good ones out there. plenty!!

Can you spot a crack that's been filled and painted? I've seen alloy wheel failures, and they are potentially lethal.

There may indeed be plenty of good ones, but all it takes is 1 bad one.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

every used car you buy may have wheels with the same issues though, Henry.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    every used car you buy may have wheels with the same issues though, Henry.

Absolutely. I have a set of alloys from 1979. I had them professionally inspected though before use.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Damn,
    I read the heading and thought it was a free set of alloys for me :pac::D

Advertisement