Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitable tatoo parlour in Dublin...

Options
  • 08-07-2008 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hellu,
    I want to get a tattoo done in dublin and was looking for advise on the best place to go...somewhere clean & especially the suitable style. I have mates that have got tats done but none really of the same style.:confused:
    Its basically a geometry design - with particular straight lines, with some curve through it. Its really important that its as straight & accurate as possible or else the thing doesn't make any sense.:eek:
    Oh and its for my back...about the size of a big hand.!?!...could it be difficult to get straight lines or is that an issue?

Any help would be appriciated..:)
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

chew-e wrote: »
    Its really important that its as straight & accurate as possible or else the thing doesn't make any sense.

planning on breaking out of a prison sometime soon?

Getting alot of perfectly straight lines is going to be difficult. Plus, any movement of your back at all will distort it if it needs to be perfect to make sense. How complex is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 chew-e

larryone wrote: »
    planning on breaking out of a prison sometime soon?
    :) ...I've never watched it I think thats a prison break thing!

Em, its not that complex as such,its just based around ratios so they just have to be as accurate as possible to keep the meaning of the tat...

The thing I was trying to get at, is that if my design is straight lines, when this is mapped onto the curve of my back it will give the apperance of bending the lines...potentially looking ****!;)! I am wondering does the tattoo artist make adjustments for this...how difficult is it...or will it really make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Well your back isn't a flat surface, so a perfectly straight line drawn on a piece of paper will not be perfectly straight when it's transferred to your back.
    I suppose it's going to be easier if it's smaller - part of your back may be flat enough to give the right effect.
    Maybe get someone to draw it on you in pen and see if it works?

Advertisement