Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit From BOI acc to AIB acc

Options
  • 08-07-2008 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Might be a silly question but

I'm currently with the bank of ireland, my landlord is with AIB. Am I able to set up a direct debit from my account to be paid into his account every month? I have his account number and sort code so should it just be a simple matter of going into my local bank of ireland and setting it up tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

What you're looking at is a Standing Order, not a Direct Debit.

Yes, they can set it up - or if you have telephone banking etc you can probably do it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

BuffyBot wrote: »
    What you're looking at is a Standing Order, not a Direct Debit.

Yes, they can set it up - or if you have telephone banking etc you can probably do it that way.

ah ok! thanks a million for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Another option is to pay every month through online banking as it only takes a few minutes and you can do it from home. You have more control that way too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Another option is to pay every month through online banking as it only takes a few minutes and you can do it from home. You have more control that way too
    A standing order is a fixed amount going to a certain place from a certain place at a certain time each month. How much control do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Take care to specify that the money needs to be in his account at a certain date. I think that it takes about 2 days for BOI to clear the funds and transfer it to AIB. This might mean the money comes out of you account about 3 days before your rent is actually due.

• Advertisement
Advertisement