Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Room to let

• 08-07-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Double Room to Let
    Hi all,

Not sure if this is allowed on Boards.ie... if not let me know.

Double Room available immediately in 4 bedroomed house in Ballisadare Area, Co Sligo. Approximately 10 mins from Sligo Town/Hospital/IT.
    Rent very reasonable at €280 pm.

If you are interested please pm me!

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tedy

Hi

I'm a 23 years old french studient and I'm coming to Sligo this year for studying.
    I'm looking for a room and I would like to obtain further informations about your quote :

.Fisrt, when you said it's 10 minutes from Sligo, is this in car or on foot?
    .Then, is the rent covers all things, such as water and electricity or should I have to pay these apart from the 280 euros?
    .Finally, do you have pics of the room or the house, please?

Hoping a quick answer
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Hi TedyI
    • It is 10 mins from Sligo Town by car Im afraid. You would need transport.
    • Electricity, Oil are separate to the rent of €280.
    • I'll can email you with some pics early next week?

Kind regards

Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tedy

Hi !!

Thank you very much for answering me so quickly !

However, I don't have a car so it will be difficult for me to go to IT Sligo everydays.
    If you have more informations about transports, like buses for example...
    And, do you think it's difficult to live in Ballisadare Area and study in Sligo in the meantime (going shopping, buying everyday stuf like food, going to IT)??

Kind regards!
    Ted

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There are buses but if I was you I'd try and get somewhere nearer to the college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

Tedy and all other foreign friends
    The best website for finding accomodation is daft.ie
    They have the absolute largest database, you can search for letting, sharing and even search by college etc.
    Then there's the local Sligo papers - The Sligo Champion and The Sligo Weekender both of which probably have an online version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Something I noticed a LOT in Sligo rooms advertising (could be nationwide but i've noticed it lots in Sligo) is that people advertise a room as DOUBLE when it is infact a TWIN. This really make my blood boil as it's sneaky practise.

Double = 1 big bed in a room
    Twin = 2 normal beds in a room

The amount of credit I wasted over the past 3 years when lookin for accomodation because of people advertising Twin rooms as Double rooms - argh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Something I noticed a LOT in Sligo rooms advertising (could be nationwide but i've noticed it lots in Sligo) is that people advertise a room as DOUBLE when it is infact a TWIN. This really make my blood boil as it's sneaky practise.

Double = 1 big bed in a room
    Twin = 2 normal beds in a room

The amount of credit I wasted over the past 3 years when lookin for accomodation because of people advertising Twin rooms as Double rooms - argh!

Yea you are right, Dont get me started!
    And also, people advertise Double rooms that are infact single rooms with a double bed placed in them, the result being that you can barely get the dam door to the room open or closed never mind luxuries like being able to actually walk around the bed.

Then there are the landlords who advertise a place as suitable for professionals. What the hell does that mean exactly? Professionals are Doctors, Solicitors, Architects, Dentists, Professors. If you are student in receipt of renat allowance looking for a quiet place to live and come across the "professionals" clause in an ad, it can be very annoying and discriminatory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

KStaford wrote: »
    Yea you are right, Dont get me started!
    And also, people advertise Double rooms that are infact single rooms with a double bed placed in them, the result being that you can barely get the dam door to the room open or closed never mind luxuries like being able to actually walk around the bed.

Then there are the landlords who advertise a place as suitable for professionals. What the hell does that mean exactly? Professionals are Doctors, Solicitors, Architects, Dentists, Professors. If you are student in receipt of renat allowance looking for a quiet place to live and come across the "professionals" clause in an ad, it can be very annoying and discriminatory.

Yup I agree 100%, its crazy. In this case i'd still contact the landlord/agency and explain your situation, that you don't want to live in a Zoo enviornment etc.

Having said that, as much as I hate that Property 'management' company in Sligo starting with A and ending in E, their latest block of apartment that they run are very nice, spacious and at least you know what you're getting. I'd just factor most of the deposit into the cost because they'll find a way of returning very little of it to you. It's a bit of a con but when you add the total costs it's only about 5-10euro more expensive per week and you've got a decent apartment (In comparison with some of the kips of houses for rent in Sligo) - Talk about Catch22!

Hi Ted and everyone! ;)

I have two rooms to rent, One is a large DOUBLE (yes, one big bed;)) and one small double room (one double bed, but rooms is smaller).

To be honest it is a bit far from the IT, you would find accommodation closer.

Saying that Ballisadare is a lovely village to live in, its very quiet with all amenities on your doorstep, shops, pubs, bus stops!!

Cypress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 XoXMascaraXoX

Double Room to Let
    Hi all,

Not sure if this is allowed on Boards.ie... if not let me know.

Double Room available immediately in 4 bedroomed house in Ballisadare Area, Co Sligo. Approximately 10 mins from Sligo Town/Hospital/IT.
    Rent very reasonable at €280 pm.

If you are interested please pm me!

Thank you
    i know it's a bit late but is the accommodation still available by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sex?

youre so right. its so annoying getting conned with the double room thing. the only thing worse than that is those damn non-smoking female professionals :mad::mad:

Hi there, yep I still have one double room to rent, but Ballisadare is 10=15mins from sligo by car, so anyone renting out here would def need their own transport.

Let me know if you are still interested.

bump :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Hi there, PM sent

Bump :D

Advertisement