Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help

Options
  • 08-07-2008 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi Guy's...

I'm looking for somebody from Dublin who have battery 10.8V or 12V to test on my rifle. Just need to check if will be working.

I installed new gearbox to my rifle but doesn't work, reason is probably that battery is to weak (9.6V).

I appreciate for help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

9.6v should easily be able to run any gearbox, most stock gearboxes run on 8.4v. What type of gearbox is it? What motor? Spring?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah as KD said, it should be able to run on an 8.4 even, you might have fitted something wrong.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Dobry

I know that :) but my gearbox is Gaurder m150, motor Classic Army stock - long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

your gearbox sounds illigal

do you mean the spring is 150? if so your talking up in the 490fps range and wayyyyyy over the legal limit, not supprising the motor cant take it really.,

• Advertisement

Yeah,
    According to law in Republic of Ireland is illegal but I travel between two counters that have different law.

Problem solving this fps reductor that I'm using

Pro-Arms%20Velocity%20Reduction%20Adaptor.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Make sure the fps reducer is in place before entering Ireland mind, though tbh id just swap the spring myself and save myself the rof drop and added strain.

ive heard though velocity reducers are a load of bull aswell., theres some tests on them on youtube i think.,

most sites in the uk already ban that item as it is unreliable and only works on friction and liable to give way without notice, i would not go near it with a 10 foot barge pole and hope sites in ireland follow suit as i would refuse to play against someone using such an item

I'm using this reductor and I can't complain. I was transporting this rifle by flight lines and there was no problems.

But this post is starting be off topic. I just asked for battery :)

• Advertisement

your 9,6v battery should run the gearbox, im afraid you have a problem with that not the battery

unfortunately its not offtopic your aeg only fire at <1j with the addition of a device, it is unknown how long htis device will last in use so it is inherently unsafe to use

I can sure You guy's that I'm not noob player, and real careful in Air Soft. If will be any problems with that still I can return to stock gearbox.

That reductor I was using in my country to CQB a lest one year and was working correctly.

well that is great but you have no idea when/if it will give way

Yeah, I'll agree with You, but I think that You see difference between ~300fps and ~450fps. Others reason that I bought chrono and I have on each shooting than can check.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Dobry: Regardless of what country you are in, discussion of anything over 1 Joule is not allowed in this forum.

The fps reducer you have is known to be unreliable and does not work in full auto either to the best of my knowledge. Even with the reducer fitted, your AEG is putting out more than 1Joule and since this reducer can be removed as easily as a flash hider, then it is still a +1Joule gun.

To stay compliant with Irish law, you must have the spring changed when using it in Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement