Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panic Button

Options
  • 08-07-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Any chance of a panic button, for when your in work and the boss walks in????

It can shut down boards in extra quick time?:D

Please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

there's already a regular way to do that. Alt and something or other I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Xavi6 wrote: »
    there's already a regular way to do that. Alt and something or other I think.

If Anyone can think of it... We have a new GM, And he just loves to pop into my office without knocking...:eek:

Caught me taking pictures of myself last week...

Thankfully I had my clothes on...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Alt + F4

thats great.

Thanks Guys...

But i probably wont be able to type c any more....

And that is no good for the thunderdome. cause they are all *****.!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

No problem, been in the same situation with work and shoulder stalking managers :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

joker77 wrote: »
    Alt + F4

Ah but that closes down the browser and all of the tabs you were looking at. Windows key and M will minimize all windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Windows key and D has one advantage. If you hit it again it brings your windows back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sherifu wrote: »
    Windows key and D has one advantage. If you hit it again it brings your windows back.
    Yeah but the biggest disadvantage is that if you don't hit the D key after the windows key it will just open the start menu and highlight "My recent documents" instead of going to the desktop. This could get you stung if the boss comes by.

The alt & f4 will suit me fine, just in case I have to look up something for him, the boards tag wont be down the bottom of the page.

The other tips are great to though!!

Thanks Lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ctrl and 'w' will close the tab or window depending on which your looking at!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Just for Quality.

panic-button.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Firefox users; Panic 0.3.3

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement