Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low fat coleslaw...

• 08-07-2008 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

I love coleslaw, but am trying to watch my calorie intake in the weeks coming up to my hols. Does anyone have a good low fat recipe?

Also, if you make it yourself, how long will it last in the fridge?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Grated carrot, red cabbage and onion is what I put in mine. Then I use half fat-free fromage frais and half low fat mayo. Once you cut the onion & put it in you have to use it quite quickly. So I would say prepare the other veg and bag it up. Then just slice and add onion just before you stir in the mayo-mix.

Add what you want I suppose - just be careful of the dressing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

I grate carrot and white cabbage then add in some finely chopped scallions. For the binder I use a mix of sugar, vinegar and creme fraiche. You could cut out the sugar or replace with sweetener and use lowfat creme fraiche and it would be fine.

Advertisement