Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can an Insinkerator attract rats?

Options
  • 08-07-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Getting different opinions on the possibility that having an Insinkerator (ie disposing food into sink and it gets churned up and released into the sewers) may attract rats up to your house - like it leaves a trail of yummies for them to follow. Does anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

Neverends wrote: »
    Getting different opinions on the possibility that having an Insinkerator (ie disposing food into sink and it gets churned up and released into the sewers) may attract rats up to your house - like it leaves a trail of yummies for them to follow. Does anyone know anything about this?

All I know is that cooked food in a compost heap attracts rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Neverends wrote: »

Most unlikely I'd think since the wastes would be well flushed away. In any case, you probably flush away food wastes to some extent when washing up for example. If there was a problem like that with Insinkerators, surely by now it would be common knowledge and the things wouldn't be on sale any more:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I would have thought that a insinkerator would be much more hygenic that disposing of food waster in a compost heap or waste bin?
    The food/waste is well ground up and washed away leaving the bins cleaner and less smelly.

Advertisement