Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will this play microsoft flight simulator x

Options
  • 08-07-2008 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi

I want to know if my laptop will play Microsoft Flight Simulator X?

Inspiron 1525
    2 giga bytes of ram
    Intel Media Acceleraotr X1550 graphics card i think
    1.66 ghz processor

Thanks, also will it take a logitech wingman joystick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

probably would but at the lowest quality settings and low resolution.
    X is a bitch on graphics and you need a good cpu for it and you'd probably have very crap fps on these settings anyway.
    Would use the logitech joystick no prob as they're usb as far as I know but honestly I think that laptop would be crap for FSX.
    I run FSX on my below system in my sig and I still only get approx 20fps at ultra high. It's a very cpu intensive game and your cpu would be at the low end for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Maybe at absolute lowest settings. It needs a fairly hefty pc and its more dependant on processor and ram than graphics card. You could also ask in the virtual flying forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I assume you mean X3100, it should work, the game requires a 32mb card and the X3100 is better then a good portion of the older Nvidia/Ati integrated cards like the Go6150/X200 etc in most games, which I've seen running FSX...but I wouldn't bank on anything other then lowish settings.

By most accounts FSX is a total cpu/ram hog, so you can imagine how pathetic it runs on the official minimum requirements (P3 1Ghz/256mb Ram)....

Advertisement