Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An image in "North Kerry Camera"

Options
  • 08-07-2008 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello from Chicago's South Side,

My father, William O'Connor, was from Listowel from 1935-1955. He lived on Ballybunion Road, just a half-mile from Listowel's west end. He passed away in October 2007.

In the book "North Kerry Camera", there is a picture of two boys in a donkey race. My father was in the picture, and it is a picture quoted by John B. Keane. The image is such a great picture of my father, and it would mean a lot to me if I could get a copy of the original image. Traditional or digital would be fine.

Any help is appreciated, and thanks for help to a rookie on the board.

Best,

ChicagoIrishman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Try asking here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=958
    Seems to be a good contingent of Listowel people posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lark999

Hello

Just read your question - you could write to the editor and compiler of the book - Vincent Carmody I am pretty sure he lived in 25 St Patrick's Street Listowel Co Kerry

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ChurchStreet

Hello, did you get a copy of that pic of your father ? If you havent I might be able to assist. I know how special these things can be, especially with hardship of emigration and loss of homeland.

Advertisement