Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jerome Kearns and his Swinget

• 08-07-2008 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone knows about them, or saw them when they were a younger?

Any information you have on them would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Welcome to "boards" and the jazz/blues forum. :)

Is this the guy you are talking about ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Kern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭dynastygal

Nope, he's not that famous, but I know he and his band played in Dublin....I don't know exactly what years though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Had a quick look on the aaj player profiles but couldn't find him there. Sounds vaguely familiar though. Why are you looking for info on him may I ask?

As Jerome's my Grandad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

dynastygal wrote: »

Aaahh !!......... in that case maybe some relatives could help you ?

• Advertisement

Well all I got from my mum is that he played in Dublin sometimes and that's she's still looking for more information on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

dynastygal wrote: »
    Ah I see, well I'm afraid I can't help you much on that. Do you when he played? It might be worth talking to some of the jazz musicians that might have played with him around that time. There's a lot of musicians who have been playing the dublin scene for decades, and some still playing in bands around the city. Maybe try some of them??

Sorry to bump such an old thread I made, but I haven't been here for a while, and have found some images if it may help people:

33e5r9c.jpg

2v181tx.jpg

Advertisement