Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italian storms

• 08-07-2008 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭

Been some amazing storms over the last few days. I'm up on lake maggiore in Italy near the Swiss border. The first storm rolled in at around 6:30 on Sunday morning and after that there was storms nearly constant on and off until midnight last night. No breaks in the cloud even really as one anvil just rolled into the next. wasn't much opportunity for photos as the rain was so torrential the whole time but i managed to get a few;). They don't quite match last years ones i think but certainly not bad IMO:p There was flash flooding in a number of places and reports of a tornado quite near where we were staying with trees uprooted. Here's an italian news story which i just lobbed into google translate to read:p
    http://www.mattinonline.ch/content/view/5245/68/
    DSC_00360001.JPG
    DSC_01480001.JPG
    DSC_07590001.JPG
    DSC_09220002.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Brilliant pics trogdor, absolutely brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Nice pics 10/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I want those storms! If we are having rubbish weather let it be with some special effects thrown in.

Mike.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Great pics there trogdor! Was at Lake Garda myself yesterday.

Those pictures give a good impression of what I experienced here (near Venice) over the last couple of days. Unfortunately don't have the where with all to actually photograph the lightning (despite trying!). Will have a few cloud pics though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Top of the class again trogdor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Stunning pics Trogdor you should get them printed out poster size, really nice.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Just back from 2 weeks in lake garda - Pescheria ! On one night we had the biggest electrical storm that I have ever seen that started around 2am until around 5am. There was continuous lightning all night .As luck would have it the batteries in the digital camera died !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

You must of upset Zeus trogdor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sunset

Superb photos. Well done - great techniques. Just back from 17 days in Puglia. Saw one cloud on 6th! Otherwise it was blue skies all the way and temps in upper 30s (pretty normal according to locals).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Only just seen these now. Absolutely stunning Pete, and absolutely magnificently captured.

This is my fave one (a hard choice), I love the moody atmosphere of it:

DSC_00360001.JPG

If that is not a prize winning capture I don't know what is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Only just seen these now. Absolutely stunning Pete, and absolutely magnificently captured.

This is my fave one (a hard choice), I love the moody atmosphere of it:

DSC_00360001.JPG

If that is not a prize winning capture I don't know what is.

Thanks everyone, haven't been on in quite a while:o That shot was the hardest as well. That was taken during the day so i only got it on a 1.3 second exposure, was a miracle i managed to catch it!

Advertisement