Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying circuits at night (11pm-1am, ish)

• 08-07-2008 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Was listening in to the Cork tower last night, there seemed to be a guy doing touch and go's from about 11pm to around about 1am. There was a late night Shamrock arrival that was advised that there was a plane doing circuits.

Is it common for practise flights at that time of the night? I know it might help pass time for the controller, but residents near by hardly appreciate the sound of light aircraft flying low doing circuits at midnight,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Totally normal especially if going for a Night rating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 G-CBHV

AFAIK night VFR in Ireland can only be inside a control zone, so as above its probably training for a night rating which is really only useful for someone going for a commecrial license or an instrument rating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

It happens in Galway to on occasion. The NFC use EICM for anyone needing a night rating. I got mine in Dublin, many is the years ago. Night flying is quite special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

G-CBHV wrote: »
    its probably training for a night rating which is really only useful for someone going for a commecrial license or an instrument rating.

Especially helpful if your going for a ATPL if you want to haul your arse and a load of Cargo around Europe or further afield!!:)

Advertisement