Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late night loud cars

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

WRT the wheel spinning and general dangerous driving (?) the OP is concered about I think the video camera would work. If it is captured on video I believe it can be acted on by the guards. Something similar was reported in the local papers in Galway and a number of people were put off the road for drifting at roundabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

MaxFlower wrote: »
    WRT the wheel spinning and general dangerous driving (?) the OP is concered about I think the video camera would work. If it is captured on video I believe it can be acted on by the guards. Something similar was reported in the local papers in Galway and a number of people were put off the road for drifting at roundabouts.

you would need a serious piece of kit to propperly identify a moving vehicle. the price of that coupled with a recording device would make this an unavailable option to most ppl. i have the lads breaking into my car here in rush on camera and the gaurds didnt even ask to see it??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

your car was broken into also?

where abouts was that?

And before someone else starts at your post i think the lads in the cars speeding around may have been different to the lads breaking in to your car.

yeah unless there is a guard actually in rush ... the response at the time is pretty poor.

this happened a while ago, was just makin the referance with respect to the cctv footage. the lads who broke into the car were too young to drive which is worrying but would not have any connection to the lads spinnin around at night.

you would think with cctv footage the guards could do something

• Advertisement

yeah you would think that but all that happened was they sent out scenes of crime guy who took prints while i replaced the window they smashed and put the dash back together. personally i think cameras are a great idea as i used to install them but in this instance i think it would be pointless as they wont act as a deterant and the quallity would have to be excellent to film a moving car.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

you would need a serious piece of kit to propperly identify a moving vehicle. the price of that coupled with a recording device would make this an unavailable option to most ppl. i have the lads breaking into my car here in rush on camera and the gaurds didnt even ask to see it??????

For a car travelling in a straight line a home camcorder wouldn't be any use but a car going around a lit city roundabout is going slow enough to get the car and plate.

i for one is not going to stand on the side of the road with a camcoreder and wait for something to happen. a simple car registration and description and what they did should be enough for the guards to look into it at least!!

MaxFlower wrote: »
    For a car travelling in a straight line a home camcorder wouldn't be any use but a car going around a lit city roundabout is going slow enough to get the car and plate.

i have a very good camera system and ive had even better cameras here on test and even those couldnt pick up on a reg off cars passing very slowly here in my estate, and im approx 20-30 meters on a decent bend where i can get a good look. the whole point is there lads are bombin it around the place, and my point was that you would have to get your hands on some pretty good cameras costing thousands. the window of oppertunity for a fixed camera to get a look at a whole car let alone a reg is 1 - 2 seconds.

Advertisement