Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18xx numbers rant

Options
  • 08-07-2008 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Loads of people are on call plans with inclusive minutes to geographic numbers. I find it very annoying that companies such as ESB are probably subsidising calls to 18xx numbers and the callers are probably paying for a call that would if the compaby gave out a geographic number would have been free

eg Eircom / Perlico packages including unlimited calls all day. However if one has to call an Irish company with a 18xx number, it's further expense AND the company is probably paying too

It's the same with mobiles. You buy so many minutes but calls to 18xx numbers are extra

I wrote to Comreg about it some time ago and never even received a reply

RIP OFF IRELAND is alive and well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Quick answer

1800 are free.

For 1890/1850 - When you call the company (esb for example) ask them what their international number is.
    When you talking to them say something like. "I will be up the north later today/this week, (whenever you need to call them back) what is your contact number from outside Ireland as the 1890/50 number wont work."
    - Sometimes this number is on their website...

Keep the number for future calls to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Topic has been here a few times, so a good bit of info about
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055021536

And this website is a great resource to use. Once your wise to this, its easy to get around it.

Advertisement