Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do you sort out stalling travel insurers?

Options
  • 08-07-2008 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

anyone have problems claiming from travel insurance companies?

wife lost her bags in sydney a few months back and i sent all the necessary
    documents to my insurers.
    Sadly, no matter what i sent them they are looking for more.
    Initially they just wanted a p.i.r and a letter from the airline saying
    the bags were lost along with receipts for stuff bought as a result.

Now they want a hand written letter from the airline (jetstar) sayin that
    the bags are IRRETRIEVABLY lost and that THEY ARE NO LONGER LOOKING
    FOR THEM and a letter from myself saying i didnt claim through the airline (this i have no problem with).
    Goin to australia? Avoid jetstar at all costs

The airline however havent sent the letter and i asked them two weeks ago and have reminded them twice since.

They seem to find something wrong each time and have posted back stuff asking for more on three occasions.
    Frankly i think theyre taking the piss but i wont give up no matter what.
    Is there anything i can do to speed things up like sending a solicitors letter
    or something.
    Anyone have similiar probs that were recified?

thanks for any help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

A familiar story hoping that you will give up....Who are your insurers ? Are there loss adjusters involved ? Read the policy small print and then give them all that they require. If you think of it logically, they don't want to payout to find out that your bags have been found or that you have already been compensated by the airline. Write a clear letter stating that you have tried to obtain a letter from Jetstar and that they haven't replied within a "reasonable" time. For this reason it is not unreasonable for them to comensate you for your loss that you were insured for. I think that you will find that they will payout quite quickly if you take this approach providing receipts, new for old or photos of contents of bags. Good luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Escalate to complaints department and to financial regulator if not resolved in 10 working days

You gave the insurer contact details for the airline so let them deal with the airline from now on

Advertisement