Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An elec power shower supply / install - approx cost?

Options
  • 08-07-2008 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

How much approx to put an elec shower in?
    Decent quality - but not top of the range.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It would depend on what sort of a run is needed to get six square from the board to the unit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

koolkid wrote: »
    It would depend on what sort of a run is needed to get six square from the board to the unit

Wild $ guess from best to worst for an install/parts?

Also - my flatmate was asking does it cost more to have an elec power shower versus emersion (+ hit the switch when needed bull**** for evening showers IMO)

Moving to a new place and think this is a potential deal breaker.
    No power shower - thinking of not taking the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

Here ya go mate...

Triton t90xr electric shower (from attic tank) (best and best value - install nothing else!) about 250 - 270 euro

10sq wire.... its at least that, depending on the lenght of the run from your main board probably about 2 euro a metre.... would not go with 6sqmm.... to light and it heats up....

MCBO (showers seperate protective device) about 40euro

40amp pull cord switch.... pipe, fittings, clips etc... about another 50

I install these quite alot...

shower costs per hour of electricity: (14c unit x 10 = 1.40 per hour)
    Immersion is something like 52 c per hour... seems small but it all adds up... electric shower better for instant heat shower. but if u have a good pressure from the immersion heated shower, and its as good as a power shower, just install a immersion timeswitch... 40euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Got a quote two weeks ago.... €600 all in. Supply everything and install.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thats a fair price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

yea good enough the stuff will cost something like 350 - 400...

should only take half a day to a day to do one....

Reasonable price....

did ours when i was 19, and not even an electrician... if your DIY-able.. its ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Thats a good price for sure, I`ve done quite a few myself, the entire installation, and its around 400 - 420 alone for the shower unit, plumbing and electrical gear,

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Karlos_Sparky

if your DIY-able.. its ok!

Whhoooaaa is that prudent advice ? Methinks not

yes i would`t say a diy job either, propper electrical and plumbing installation required,

I`d say 6 square is good enough too for a shower unless a long run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

I`d say 6 square is good enough too for a shower unless a long run

I would agree for a standard 8.5kW Triton and so would the ETCI regulations.

A 10 square will work just fine, but it will drive up the price.
    would not go with 6sqmm.... to light and it heats up....
    Stick to the regs and the cable will not over heat! 6 sq. is the norm. Although sometimes 10 sq is required.

• Advertisement

yes price and also sometimes 10 square han be a fair bit harder to get up behind a wall or through a small space.

Advertisement