Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is Harvey Norman's opening?

• 08-07-2008 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when Harvey Normans is opening in Waterford?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I thought it was sometime in August?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Early August, when of the lads I worked with is after getting a job with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Cabaal wrote: »
    Early August, when of the lads I worked with is after getting a job with them

Cabaal, what I think you meant to say was:

HARVEY NORMAN SUPERSTORE!!! OPENING EARLY AUGUST IN WATERFORD!!! BEDS, TELEVISIONS, HI-FIS, WASHING MACHINES, MASSIVE REDUCTIONS!!! GO HARVEY GOOOOOOO!!!!

(/Australian accent)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Where is Go Harvey GOOOOOOO opening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

is it still going out by b&q, or has that idea been scrapped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I heard a unit in the six cross roads had been let is it in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

trishw78 wrote: »
    I heard a unit in the six cross roads had been let is it in there.

That's their warehouse. The store will be up beside B&Q and Halfords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sunnyse

Does that mean TKmaxx aren't going in there or are they going in as well???

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

gscully wrote: »
    That's their warehouse. The store will be up beside B&Q and Halfords.

yeah its up by B&Q alright,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

So whats the craic then,

Is it going to be B&Q, Halfords, Harvey Norman, Argos (moving out there). Anyone know of any others going to that complex?

B~

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

heard Maplin are going out there too (hopefully)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

rasper wrote: »
    heard Maplin are going out there too (hopefully)

Yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Go Harvey Go
    go back to where ever ya came from -- and bring those stupid head wrecking adds with ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

Why are we always so obsessed with all these multipiles coming to town? Each one that opens promises to be cheaper than the others - in reality there's never much difference, service tends to be poor, staff tend to be undertrained if trained at all. Am I wrong? I prefer choosing somewhere local that I can go back to again and again and get some service in return for loyalty.

durrus wrote: »
    Why are we always so obsessed with all these multipiles coming to town? Each one that opens promises to be cheaper than the others - in reality there's never much difference, service tends to be poor, staff tend to be undertrained if trained at all. Am I wrong? I prefer choosing somewhere local that I can go back to again and again and get some service in return for loyalty.

I think your wrong... these companies are often cheaper then what we have, are more trained (B&Q had a long training session for example and its a very big store) and well you get dodgy staff everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I agree with you that often the service and the price is better in the smaller stores but the convenience is better with the larger stores. Waterford especially the center is very poor for shopping (and a bit of a dump).
    Let the customer decide.

I must say that I agree, I always go to the local greengrocer & butcher, the stuff is crap in the supermarkets. As for service and value in the household / entertainment department --- you get what you pay for, or you pay for what you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

At the same time if you see the same tv in two shops with a hundred quid or more in the difference, then you're not getting what you pay for in the more expensive shop.

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    At the same time if you see the same tv in two shops with a hundred quid or more in the difference, then you're not getting what you pay for in the more expensive shop.

Have you ever met somebody who has had a problem with an item that they had purchased in Harvey Normans ?, I have, and the problem always seems to be not theirs, but the way you used it / installed it, or you must have a reception problem.
    On one occasion I had a problem with an item that I bought from our local guy and he was out to our house within an hour to sort out the problem. As it turned out it was something I did wrong :o .
    And when I asked "how much do I owe you for that" -- oh no, it's all part of the service.
    Whatever you think of low prices, in my opinion service is worth the extra, within reason, I would not argue with a hundred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

dh0661 wrote: »
    Have you ever met somebody who has had a problem with an item that they had purchased in Harvey Normans ?, I have, and the problem always seems to be not theirs, but the way you used it / installed it, or you must have a reception problem.
    On one occasion I had a problem with an item that I bought from our local guy and he was out to our house within an hour to sort out the problem. As it turned out it was something I did wrong :o .
    And when I asked "how much do I owe you for that" -- oh no, it's all part of the service.
    Whatever you think of low prices, in my opinion service is worth the extra, within reason, I would not argue with a hundred.
    A lot of people would though

• Advertisement

There are Consumer Laws in place, no company can really breach them. If they do, they can still be sorted in the courts etc. I doubt there that pissy about things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've had plenty of bad service from local businesses especially from those who haven't got much competition. I have yet to have someone call out and not pay a call out charge.

I've also had the misfortune of having ordered stuff and then spent the agreed day waiting in for the delivery only for it not to arrive, worst of all was one time I ordered something from an almost nationwide shop and it took longer to arrive than it did for me to get pregnant and have my second child.

Fortunately there are some shops that have good customer service and things are improving compared to how shockingly bad customer service was when I moved to Waterford 11+ years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

The radio ads were saying it's open. Is this right??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Went out there a few mins ago and they are open.

Advertisement