Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Fitness Log

Options
  • 08-07-2008 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Today

2 brown bread wholemeal sandwiches and ( yes i know bad choice ) but woke up late and couldnt have breaky or make lunch

4 slices of brownbread with one slice of ham and tomatoe , red onion , small coleslaw , had one at 10 am and other at 1pm and handfull of pasta and 2 chicken fillets and stir in sauce and 2 litres of water , and some fruit along the way

i know its far from clean but im using it as a marker and hope to eat cleaner from now on

Gym

10 mins warm up on bike
    10 mins x trainer
    5 mins steep walk on threadmill

45kg lat pull down 3 x 15
    20kg tricep pull down 3 x 15
    25kg bicep curl ( bar ) 3 x 15
    30kg shoulder press 3 x 15
    40kg bench press 3 x 15
    30kg incline bench press 3 x 15
    15kg single arm row ( bicep ) 3 x 15

from yesterday i was 301.4 pounds so i hope to lose a bit before next weight in on Monday

off drink and gonna try go gym everyday

positive comments only please , as i have enough negativity in my mentality

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

First thing that springs to mind is that you have no big leg exercise. Ask someone in your gym to help you out here. They could get you started on the leg press or something similar.

Don't bother switching between bike, x trainer and treadmill. Stick with one and master it! The time you spend changing between them is downtime and realistically 5 or 10 mins on each is worth diddly squat. Aim for 30 mins.

Ensure that you are working up a good sweat. 3 sets of 8 reps at a heavier weight may serve you best.

Get your diet together (see stickies in main forum - 1 hr reading them now will be worthwhile. Refresh yourself if you already have read them).

Good luck!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Also, avoid bread and pasta. You seem to have a good bit of it.

Instead, buy vegetables by the kg in the supermarket. Chop up a mountain of it and have it in the fridge to snack on when hungry:
    • mushrooms
    • onions
    • carrots
    • peppers
    • brocoli
    • cauliflower

You will crave bread and pasta over the weeks, but be tough, don't give in and eat the fresh veg instead. Bring it to work in a plastic container.

Snack on nuts. Have porridge for breakfast. Tuna and chicken are your stirfry friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Fatloss08 wrote: »
    2 brown bread wholemeal sandwiches and ( yes i know bad choice )

Why is that a bad choice? Wholemeal bread is fine, don't believe the anti-carbs hype/fad.

Having lost about a quarter of my bodyweight a few years ago, I would say, don't put yourself under too much pressure. Don't tie yourself into going to the gym everyday, 3 or 4 times a week to start is grand and then you won't be too disappointed when you inevitably miss the odd day as you can make it up later in the week.

In relation to the cardio, great start, just try to progress this gradually, but regularly. In terms of duration and intensity. I would make note of how far you actually cycle/run/x-train and see if you can do a little more the next time. After a few sessions progressing the intensity like this, you could then increase the duration, maybe spend an extra minute on each machine and gradually increase this.

There are better experts on here to advise you on the weights. I personnally wouldn't advocate them at this stage, I'd focus more on the cardio side, but many on here would disagree, no need to get into that here, as long as you are enjoying it, do it.

Giving up the drink is a great move. I did this for the first 6 months of my weight loss and it made a huge difference, the whole lifestyle of eating late and hangover breakfasts etc. went with it, obviously helpful. Also, meant I got more and better sleep and hence more time/inclination to exercise on weekend mornings before my friends got up.

I would set a goal, to keep you focussed. Don't know where you live, but something like the Jingle Bells 5k, in Phoenix Park, second Sunday in December, lots of runners, walkers, people in fancy dress...so not too much pressure, but would give you something to aim for a few months away. When you don't want to go to the gym, if you have something like this down the line, you might be more motivated to go and train.

Best of luck. Making the decision to start is the hardest part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

hey i appreciate the comments and as you both are trying to help , this is what does me in , both have diff views on what to eat etc or excercise so thats why sometimes i doubt myself

i havnt done squats or deadlifts etc as i have a back problem , nothing serious , but im tall , and carry weight and seem to put my back out easily and i reckon if i lose weight it will ease the burden on my back , when i lose a bit of weight i will do them to strenghten my back but just not yet

anyway my diet today

8.30 weetabix x 2 and skimmed milk with tea and sugar sweetner

11 apple

1pm mince stew ( carrots , some mince , small potatoes , onions ) 1 bowl

3 pm banana

6pm stew again as my mam had it made so why not

2 litres of water all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

hey i appreciate the comments and as you both are trying to help , this is what does me in , both have diff views on what to eat etc or excercise so thats why sometimes i doubt myself

i havnt done squats or deadlifts etc as i have a back problem , nothing serious , but im tall , and carry weight and seem to put my back out easily and i reckon if i lose weight it will ease the burden on my back , when i lose a bit of weight i will do them to strenghten my back but just not yet

anyway my diet today

8.30 weetabix x 2 and skimmed milk with tea and sugar sweetner

11 apple

1pm mince stew ( carrots , some mince , small potatoes , onions ) 1 bowl

3 pm banana

6pm stew again as my mam had it made so why not

2 litres of water all day

Hey dude - yes i hear ya, this form can make things pretty complicated sometimes!

Fortunately though, if you have a lot of fat to lose, which I presume you do, just cutting out junk and eating well (keeping the sugary stuff to a minimum) combined with exercising regularly will work wonders for you. It's when you get down to being slim and then want to get really lean is when it gets complicated....hence the arguments on the main forum:D

Good luck, just keep off the junk and you'll be seeing the pounds melt away.

• Advertisement

even when i was slim slim i was 15 stone because im broad and heavy boned maybe

id never wanna be super lean , i suppose 16 stone and have deffinition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

hiya i suppose the best advice is what ever works for you and that you enjoy, i think enjoying your exercise of choice is the key to keeping it up long term as part of your lifestyle change. personally i run and love to run and running has got me from 13 stone to 10 stone im 5,5. so therefore i advocate running as its what i know and am familar with,
    others people are more into weights or a combination of weights/cardio which is great if its your thing but for me starting out any exercise was going to help.
    now that i have lost the weight and am still running i find that im experimenting with a weights programme as i dont have much definition in my upper body and as good as the running is it wont change my body shape to the degree i would like.
    best of luck with your journey and remenber you didnt gain weight overnight so you wont lose it overnight, try enjoy whatever you do and it wont seem like such a chore and try make a small change in your diet every week, too many time's i tried to radically change my entire diet overnight and after 2 days caved in after suffering withdrawl symptoms.
    this is not advice its just what worked for me and hopefully is some help to you, its a hard road but the benefits far outway the small sacrifices
    best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

There ya go then. No problem to ya as long as you have a respectably clean diet. For me losing the beer belly I had for years was actually simple - exercise and eat clean. Getting leaned out now is the hard part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Have you got any short term goals?

December is a long way off...how will you measure your success in the meantime?

today

apple for breakfast was in a rush

10am ham turkey coleslaw wrap

1pm brownbread spicy chicken and cheese sandwiches x 2

3pm apple

8pm 3 xchicken fillets x oven cooked , mushrooms , onions , carrots , chasuer sauce

GYM

40kg Benchpress ( free weights ) 3 x 15
    20kg tricep pulldown 3 x 15
    bicep curl ( bar + 2 x 7.5 kg ) 3 x 15
    30kg bicep cable row 3 x 15
    30kg shoulder press 3 x 15

Bike level 6 - 20mins - 8.08 km - 242cals
    concept 2 rowing - 5 mins , 35 rows per min

• Advertisement

well today i did 18.74km in 45 mins on the bike and feel good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

well today i did 18.74km in 45 mins on the bike and feel good

That's a great session for you, will definitely get you towards your goal.

15k today on the bike then gassed out :)

15k in 36.13 mins not bad

so 33.74 km in 2 days aint bad

Diet today

9am weetabix x 2
    11am apple
    1pm wholegrain brownbread x 4 , ham,coleslaw,lettuce
    3pm banana
    7pm 150g pasta and 2 boiled chicken fillets and stire in sauce

2 litres of water

got my 20km done in 47.30 im very happy :)

weetabix x 2

fruit

missed dinner ( busy in work ) snickers

fruit

Spag bolognese

1 litre of water

so 53.4km in about 2hrs aint bad

just a leisurely 4k in 10 mins today and 5mins on xtrainer and 5 rowing

just wrecked so thats me done for today

well did 20km in 45.45 level 6 so faster than previous 20km

50kg bench press 3 x 15
    20kg tricep curl 3 x 15

measurements later

was outside for 10k cycle

just away be back on tract tuesday , but am watching my diet

down from 302.6 lbs to 284.4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

great stuff, as long as you are going in the right direction and trying your best in terms of diet/exercise then you will get the results you want.
    really well done keep it up

• Advertisement
Advertisement