Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

receipt for full license valid?

Options
  • 08-07-2008 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Hey - the lady at the office told me that there is a backlog of about 2 weeks for the full licenses. I submitted my full license application today and have the receipt for it. She said that would be fine for a Gardai. Can anyone confirm if this is ok - As I don't have any license at the moment, due to them requiring my provisonal to hand into them. So if I was stopped, I'd just want to make sure that the receipt for the processing of the full license is valid legally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

As far as i'm aware the receipt is fine while your license is being processed. The same was said to me when i handed in my license application. It could be a good idea to have some other form of id as well as the receipt with you in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

The receipt should be fine. If you have acopy of the test certificate as well it might be a good idea to keep that with it. Either way tell them you've passed and they'll give you the usual 10 days to produce your licence. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Yeah figured as much. I'll keep my passport with me in my car, just incase :)

Advertisement