Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Use Frozen Carbon Dioxide Ice Block to remove a dent

Options
  • 08-07-2008 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

Has anyone ever successfully tried this?

Watch the video. http://www.videojug.com/film/dent-removal-technique

It involves removing a small dent by rubbing a block of frozen carbon dioxide over the damage perhaps after heating the area with a hairdryer.

Have a look and if anyone wants to have a go or has tried it let us all know how you got on!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

That looks quality, love to see it in the flesh. Wheres my hammer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

This process will only work with certain types of dints, ie non wrinkle type and as long as there is no rienforcement ridge behind the dinted panel. I have seen dry ice used to remove dints in motorcycle tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I would give it a go and I have just the dent for it. A nice door smashed into my car yesterday on the back panel.

Now where can I get some Dry Ice?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Apparently heating with a hairdryer before applying the dry ice is better again. Read about something like this before, but it was only for large shallow dents.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »

Was looking at that very site. It looks like the minimum order is 10KG though, too much for what I want it for. 1KG would be more like it.

kleefarr wrote: »
    Was looking at that very site. It looks like the minimum order is 10KG though, too much for what I want it for. 1KG would be more like it.

Yeah but you could have a cool Effects show in your garden and a party afterwards with the rest :D

LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

This process is very limited tbh, it needs to be a very soft dent for this to work and even at that you'll have to work on it to make sure it doesn't collapse again. Air bags are good if you inflate them inside the door or panel and remove the dent with little damage but you have to work on the dent to get it to hold too, there's really no quick fix. I do this for a living by the way and the airbags I'm talking about aren't the ones fitted to your car.;)

Advertisement