Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ballina

• 08-07-2008 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

rude town.they deserve no tourists in this town,the people are very rude in shops hotels pubs etc.do yourself a favour boycott this place as a tourist destination.and the festival is ****!!

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I, for one, am convinced. How could I be otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

You registered just to say that?
    I for one have always enjoyed my time in Ballina,especially the pub scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

rude town.they deserve no tourists in this town,the people are very rude in shops hotels pubs etc.do yourself a favour boycott this place as a tourist destination.and the festival is ****!!

Thanks for the detailed review, very helpful and informative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

Such a pointless post!! Maybe you had a bad experience.. but that may be more to do with your own attitude to people rather than theirs to you!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

always found ballina a friendly spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

The festival is always good!

You must have done something to upset the Masses of Ballina!

While I will agree that Ballina isn't exactly the best place on the planet most of the people are very nice though the op's well thought out post has made me seriously readdress my stance. :D

Off topic, would there be enough people in Ballina during the festival for an impromptu Beers???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

MAYBE IT WAS JUST U????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

well ballina is generally an okay town if you make an attempt to interact, most people are sound. where were your bad experiences, or could you at least give some indication as to why your experience was so bad, rather than smashing out at other people.

at least by doing that, it gives other people a chance and a reason to boycott the places... also, council and chamber of commerce don't like bad rumors like that so they will help you sort out your probklem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

i moved to ballina 2yrs ago and it might not be the bright lights of London but HELL its not as bad as you are saying! UP MAYO

• Advertisement
Advertisement