Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson C902

• 08-07-2008 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Anybody know when this phone Sony Ericsson C902 will be available on Meteor IF they will even stock it?? Appreciate any help. Too expensive to buy Sim free

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lisamp

It is available on bill pay with Meteor! I saw it the other day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

When and where if you please ? You're positive it was the C902 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It starts at €179 on 3...

I think you should forget about meteor for such a high end phone....

Time to come to the dark side;)

lisamp wrote: »

Good starting price....but what about using all the internet features on the phone and the cost of your montly bills....

Relax 950 or Talk 600 is a no brainer...

Relax wins hands down....

• Advertisement

Good starting price....but what about using all the internet features on the phone and the cost of your montly bills....

3 are the worst network in my opinion.

Meteor are just as bad!

I dont care coz im with neither! :P

3 are the worst network in my opinion.

I dont care coz im with neither!

Ohh look another smug Tesco customer:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Or Meteors Data add on - 250megs for 9.99, unlimited for 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Ive had my C902 for a week now got it sim free for €200 :D.
    Its a dam nice phone very solid feeling, the camera is great havent tried the video though. The slider for the camera feels very solid unlikely to cause problems.

The screen is great, bit small because of the touch buttons for the camera, they make using the camera really easy and quick. I personally would of liked a bigger screen. The accelerometers can be a bit slow.

The UI is a bit on the slow side at times too but nothing bad. The new button lay out bit strange at first after a w610i no return button :eek: but im used to them now. there is a dedicated media button for pics, vids, podcasts, games and music which i find useful.

Your pics can be tagged so you can see on google maps where they were taken with an accuracy of 5km so not very accurate.

Was in 2 meteor stores over the weekend asking about the 3g prepay trial they said they will be selling the phone in a few weeks.
    Any questions about the phone let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭leche solara

How do use the tags and Google maps to show where the picture was taken?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

404 page not found
    Richie6904 wrote: »
    Its a dam nice phone very solid feeling, the camera is great havent tried the video though. The slider for the camera feels very solid unlikely to cause problems.

The screen is great, bit small because of the touch buttons for the camera, they make using the camera really easy and quick. I personally would of liked a bigger screen. The accelerometers can be a bit slow.

The UI is a bit on the slow side at times too but nothing bad. The new button lay out bit strange at first after a w610i no return button :eek: but im used to them now. there is a dedicated media button for pics, vids, podcasts, games and music which i find useful.

Your pics can be tagged so you can see on google maps where they were taken with an accuracy of 5km so not very accurate.

Was in 2 meteor stores over the weekend asking about the 3g prepay trial they said they will be selling the phone in a few weeks.

Nice slimline solid feel to it. Camera slider feels flimsey if you let it but is a lot more sturdy then you would think. I like it.

I would have liked a bigger screen too, bit deceptive with the touch buttons on the side but they aren't bad.

Hard to get used to the speed when switching from k800/k810 but after a week or so you get used to it. Same with the removal of the back button. I dislike how you cannot edit the media / contacts buttons !

5km is not always the case for the tags .. sometimes as little as 1km .. depends on the amoutn of cells. In a city it will be more accurate.

Likewise throw any questions if you have them.
    How do use the tags and Google maps to show where the picture was taken?

Assuming you have the phone.. go into the camera and then -> settings -> settings (last option in the list) and then "add position".

If you're just asking how it works in general then it gets the cell tower info from the cell tower and can then show the location on google maps after within a certain radius (each cell tower has a circle around it showing the radius of where it has coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Its out on O2 as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ablelocks

where did you get it for that price?

That's what everyone wants to know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

My G/F wants to get this phone, but what is the flash like on it?, is it xenon or is it just an LED light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

My G/F wants to get this phone, but what is the flash like on it?, is it xenon or is it just an LED light?

It is only LED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Won't be buying one so;
    The photoflash LED makes a compact and more efficient substitute for the xenon flash used in small digicams and cameraphones. The new photoflash LED is stated to produce approximately 25 lux/s. Its smaller size and twice less power consumption than standard xenon flash make it especially suitable for portable devices. It also doesn't need to recharge the way the xenon flash needs to after it has discharged when it fires.

Our hands-on experience with it convinced us that it's more powerful than the regular LED flashes, however at least in our test unit it's nowhere near the xenon flash performance.

The C905 with 8MP camera has a xenon flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

ablelocks wrote: »
    where did you get it for that price?

Ah someone in work won 2 on a radio sation and already had a good phone. so he sold one for 200 and gave the other to his other half i think. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Really Like this phone....

Am trying to get one, but am on Vodafone...Ebay seems to be my only path forward.

Not intrested in 3 or Meteor as I really think the are not with it yet.:eek:

Its on O2 in the UK but not here, athough they do have the w890i...mmmmm ;)

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Szondi wrote: »

I'll agree with you about Meteor there not a the 3G race yet....

But why do you think 3 are not with it??, I'm using them since they first arrived, they've had there moments but there's no way i'd leave them, I don't think any of the networks have caught up with them yet....

If I was to move to any network it would be vodafone but i'd really feel like i'd be downgrading....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I'll agree with you about Meteor there not a the 3G race yet....

But why do you think 3 are not with it??, I'm using them since they first arrived, they've had there moments but there's no way i'd leave them, I don't think any of the networks have caught up with them yet....

If I was to move to any network it would be vodafone but i'd really feel like i'd be downgrading....

Not Sure....there is just something bugging me, perhaps its things lile difficulty to unlock 3 phones..(or maybe thats is the past).

I would like to be convinced..

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Szondi wrote: »
    Really Like this phone....

Am trying to get one, but am on Vodafone...Ebay seems to be my only path forward.

Its on O2 in the UK but not here, athough they do have the w890i...mmmmm ;)
    It's out on O2 here. Should be in the shops in a few days if not already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

They have one in O2 Henry Street.
    Feels very solid - apart from the camera hood mechanism, which seems to be slightly banjaxed on the display model already.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭frankymail

Hows the flash on it. I have a K800i and was thinking of going for the C902 but then when i found out it was only and LED flash i chnaged my mind.

How does the LED flash compoare to teh powerfully xenon flash.

frankymail wrote: »
    Hows the flash on it. I have a K800i and was thinking of going for the C902 but then when i found out it was only and LED flash i chnaged my mind.

How does the LED flash compoare to teh powerfully xenon flash.

You can find out here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dub_and_proud

anyone know if its coming out on meteor

anyone know if its coming out on meteor

It will be. It's in their current brochure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dub_and_proud

is it on payg and how much will it be. thanks

• Advertisement

i asked meteor about 3 week back and they told me it'll be out on bill but not pre. No plans for pre i think is how they phrased it.

Advertisement