Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 cent Harp at tesco???

Options
  • 08-07-2008 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine just told me you can get cans of Harp at tesco for 1c each at their site at the moment? Is this true, and if so, how do you take advantage of this offer?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

how do you take advantage of this offer?
    I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

At one cent a can, it's still too dear!

Pop into a Tesco shop and ask there, I doubt that they would be selling it so cheap IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Was checking the price of beer on their site yesterday, looking for any bargains, but didnt see Harp at 1c. Just checked now and it is 6 for €8.49.

I imagine someone at tescos made a little mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

A friend of mine just told me you can get cans of Harp at tesco for 1c each at their site at the moment? Is this true, and if so, how do you take advantage of this offer?

i would drink harp all ****n day, im 25 & i love that drink!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I imagine someone at tescos made a little mistake.

In the normal shop they would honour a mistake like that. You might even get it free, since their policy is that if stuff is overpriced you get all your money back.

rubadub wrote: »
    In the normal shop they would honour a mistake like that. You might even get it free, since their policy is that if stuff is overpriced you get all your money back.

It would depend on if the retailer made a mistake or not, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hamndegger wrote: »
    It would depend on if the retailer made a mistake or not, obviously.
    I meant the normal tesco bricks n mortar shop, i.e. it is Tesco policy (not law) if they charge you more than the advertised price you get it free, the wrong price is always a mistake. The trick is if you see something priced unusually low you can check it on the instore scanners, then fill up your trolley with the item and get it all free. I have done this a few times, there is a UK forum with a massive thread with people telling what stores have incorrectly priced stuff, then people go and clean them out!

AFAIK no retailer can be forced to sell for the price advertised.

I meant the normal tesco bricks n mortar shop, i.e. it is Tesco policy (not law) if they charge you more than the advertised price you get it free, the wrong price is always a mistake. The trick is if you see something priced unusually low you can check it on the instore scanners, then fill up your trolley with the item and get it all free. I have done this a few times, there is a UK forum with a massive thread with people telling what stores have incorrectly priced stuff, then people go and clean them out!

I am not referring to a shop showing the incorrect price, more so I am thinking of somebody like OP walking into a shop assuming a wildly incorrect price such as his one cent can of beer and thinking that it may be honoured. And Lord knows, there is many in our society who are that pig headed or ignorant to think that way :)

But they can be fined several thousand euro for showing an incorrect price,or not showing a price at all. Happened to tesco not too long back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i cant remember the name of the principle that anyone who's ever learned in business studies, but basically it says that the price on something may not be the real price, eg if i picked up the wrong pricing gun at work that was incorrectly set at 14.99 as opposed to 9.99 i dont have to sell it at the higher price. and vice versa.

i work in a shop at weekends and i constantly have people saying "i know my rights, you have to sell it to me for the price that's marked" when a price ticket from the wrong item somehow ends up in the wrong place usually due to customers moving stuff. Generally in my shop if everything is marked the wrong price we'll give it at the price, but if the only item with the wrong price is the one the customer has we try to explain that human error mistakes often happen.

the thing on prosecuting people on prices involves overcharging. last year for the galway races one well known hotel upped their prices but didnt change the wee signs that have all the prices on them, so they were done, and rightly so.

in regards to tesco, they give the items for free if marked wrong after you've paid. i got a refund for 8 bottles of paulaner a few months ago as they had signs up for an offer and when i looked at my receipt they were sold to me at the non offer price. i was well chuffed :D though by law they didnt have to do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Q: The price on a shelf edge label was less than price showing on the till when the product was scanned. Do I have a right to buy the product at the lower price?

A: You do not have an automatic right to the product at the lower price. A price indication on a product is what's called an "invitation to purchase".

If you were advised of the correct price before purchasing, you are not entitled to the goods at the lower price. In this case, you have the choice of rejecting the goods and not buying them, or accepting the higher price and making the purchase.

If you were not informed of the correct price before purchasing, we suggest you go back to retailer and make them aware of the discrepancy.

The store is not legally obliged to refund the difference, but many stores will refund under a "no quibble policy". You should bring your receipt or proof of purchase to prove that you had been charged a price higher than the displayed price. You should also bring the item.
    If the price charged is higher than the price indicated, then this is a misleading commercial practice under the Consumer Protection Act and you should inform the NCA.

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Learning_Zone/FAQs/Price_display/

Advertisement