Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you hear the one about the 'Dubious Dub' who went to Cork and.........

Options
  • 08-07-2008 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

had an absolute ball of a time ?

Well it's true, having just returned from the Southern Capital I would like to pass on my thanks for making it a top weekend.

People, bars, clubs & ladies were all top class.

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Glad to hear it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

I take it you'll be down again so:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Topper Harvey

I will certainly try to in the near future.

I was introduced to an intriguingly funny game by some ladies outside a pub on saturday night, i think it was called........'guess the fragrance' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Stale beer farts?

I'm a romantic, me.......

More a mix of 'Ohh Da Kolone' & 'Sikh K 1'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Where exactly was so much fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Kold wrote: »

WELL Kold - all I can say, is if you were playing that game with me, you'd probably end up in places that you've only ever imagined of being. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Kold wrote: »

WELL Kold - all I can say, is if you were playing that game with me, you'd probably end up in places that you've only ever imagined of being. :rolleyes:

Names are a bit vague, but i think it was The Old Oak, Counihans & a place opposite which was tops. An outdoor type of place that was long & narrow with some great sounds in a place down at the back. Thats where the 'guess the fragrance' escapade took place, however not to the same level as 'dh0661' is suggesting.............the weather didn't allow it !

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Crane Lane? Great spot :) Glad you liked Cork - it's not as bad as what most Dubs think :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I've also just returned from Cork, and would like to express how great this place is. verytime I go there its mental. wish I could transfer my college course down there!Monday was in Cyprus Avenue/Bróg, Tuesday was Gorbys, Wednesday was a pub crawl from ten in the morning consisting of Charlies, Hi-B, the Castle, Bróg, Old Oak, Cruiscin and then Freakscene. What a place, love it. I anticpate my return eagerly!

dh0661 wrote: »

.................. What?

Aspiration wrote: »
    Crane Lane? Great spot :) Glad you liked Cork - it's not as bad as what most Dubs think :pac:

The very place - the tunes were tops, we met some very humorous ladies
    and throw in the great atmosphere made for a good night out.

Not at all, I have definitely changed my impression for the better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Alright, we've converted 2 more Dubs - who's next??!!

(says yer one here who's living in Dublin lol)

I wouldn't try and convert any more or else it'll end up like.............................................. Dublin !:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

oh heaven forbid that should ever happen.... fair play to the person that took the all day pubcrawl though i take my hat off to you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

Mushy wrote: »
    ...Wednesday was a pub crawl from ten in the morning consisting of Charlies, Hi-B, the Castle, Bróg, Old Oak, Cruiscin and then Freakscene. What a place, love it. I anticpate my return eagerly!

You are aware that Charlie's is open from 7am..... You can start even earlier if you're dedicated... ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

AFC_1903 wrote: »
    You are aware that Charlie's is open from 7am..... You can start even earlier if you're dedicated... ;):D

Was in there at ten still kinda drunk from night before:D

Shanannigan, thank you, I shall be returning for it again soon enough!

Oh, and btw, I'm actually from Wicklow.:D..been going to Cork a bit the last few years but this was definately the best one. Really cemented my love of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

all we need to do now is ...................... convert a kerry man/woman

gubby wrote: »
    all we need to do now is ...................... convert a kerry man/woman

Pffft there's plenty of them about, they just tend to keep it quiet that they prefer here :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement