Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help me to mess these carzone scammers around!

Options
  • 08-07-2008 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Well, I have a car for sale on Carzone (like half the country its seems) and i'm getting the emails from the usual suspects trying to rip me off with a scam.....but I'd like to have a bit if fun and take the piss out of them and try and discommode them.

So, please post ideas of how to FCUK them around......:D

here's the emails I have recieved........Heres my good friend Ken......the first scammer.

Thanks for the mail.I really likes the CAR and i am interested in buying it, i like to pay you in cash at hands.but right now I'm not within your reach that i could easily comes for the payment and pick-up the CAR once,so why we need talks better on another means of payment which is by means of Draft or Cheque,which is more secured and better than any other means of payment. It's what i have been searching for for the last 6 months.Thanks for everything.
    Please help me take good proper care of it because i know by now its mine.But right now the month is drawing down to an END and i can see that i finally got one.

Really i want you to please send more pictures if available and if not its okay.
    I'm from Aberdeen in Scotland in UK,But i live by the sea side in The Republic of Denmark cos am a SAILOR. I always come home ( Aberdeen in Scotland in UK) every 4 Months and travel back to my place of work in Porto

So,kindly get back to me,so i know which of the two is your most preferred means of payment for the said item.Thanks for the mail...The payment will be in advance by Cheque and i will need the following info:

1)Get back with the name to be written on the Cheque.

2)Your address where it is to be delivered.

3)Your phone contacts (home/office/mobile) for an effective communication.

Once i recieve your payment details, I will get you inform as soon as the payment is on the way to you. Their won't be any problem picking up the item from your location because my friend works with a shipping company and he will be the one coming down to pick it up and also handle all the paper work's with you.
    PLEASE NOTE: That the cheque /Banker's Draft will be cleared first before releasing the Item ok .

Hope to read from you soonest.so get back to me fast, Kindly get back to me. I will be glad to read from you.
    Regards,
    ken smith

and heres my other interested party - Grosoli, the second scammer !
    Moreover, my wife had advised me to go for the car.I will implore my client to issue out to you a certified bank cheque of 19,200euro while the excess is for the transportation of the vehicle to my location and within few days you shall get the cheque .
    Make sure you mail me back immediately you get this message with the following informations so that the cheque can be mail to you at once:
    YOUR NAME(As you want it on the cheque)..............
    YOUR ADDRESS....................
    TELEPHONE(mobile,home,office).....................
    As soon as the cheque clears to your account the shippers information that will come for the pick up will be given to you .
    REGARDS
    Grosoli Filippo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Get them to send on the money first and make sure it clears if that fails get their e-mail addresses and sign them up for everything you can find online.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

I'm sure the lads over in AH would have some good sites for you to sign them up to!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

www.419eater.com is the only site you need for inspiration.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

try www.419eater.com for some good tips.

Edit: Too slow. Damn you eion, damn you dialup.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

junkyard wrote: »
    Get them to send on the money first and make sure it clears if that fails get their e-mail addresses and sign them up for everything you can find online.

Lodging a stolen bank draft into your account may not be the wisest course of action.....

• Advertisement

eoin_s wrote: »
    www.419eater.com is the only site you need for inspiration.
    Not being racist here but is every one of these scammers black?:eek:

jhegarty wrote: »
    Lodging a stolen bank draft into your account may not be the wisest course of action.....

I'm sure you can get it checked somewhere along the line, your not breaking the law if you didn't know it was stolen as you were paid with it assuming it has been stolen that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Not being racist here but is every one of these scammers black?:eek:

More specifically, mostly Nigerian - the 419 Scam is worth probably hundreds of millions a year to their economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Here is what you need.

For a good laugh and and some hints look at a good one here.
    http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104987

these guys even got them to send naked pictures of themselves (not that you'd want that but it shows how far you can push them!

Then to look at how the pros do it look at
    http://www.thescambaiter.com/ especailly ones by the_failure he is the best.

Use this http://www.spoofcard.com/ Go to the FAQ's and it will explain what it is. Give them the number of a government department and ask for Brian Cowan or something. Tell the scammers that when they get through Brian will give them all your account details etc. Or give them a phone number which keeps people on hold for ages. The nsxprime guys got the scammers to hold for 48 (yes forty eight) hours!

I've gotten so sick of scammers anytime I see an obvious one or someone sends one onto me I try and string them along for ages. I'm at home studying for exams in august so I have a bit of time on my hands. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Hi,

Well, I have a car for sale on Carzone (like half the country its seems) and i'm getting the emails from the usual suspects trying to rip me off with a scam.....but I'd like to have a bit if fun and take the piss out of them and try and discommode them.

So, please post ideas of how to FCUK them around......:D

here's the emails I have recieved........Heres my good friend Ken......the first scammer.

Thanks for the mail.I really likes the CAR and i am interested in buying it, i like to pay you in cash at hands.but right now I'm not within your reach that i could easily comes for the payment and pick-up the CAR once,so why we need talks better on another means of payment which is by means of Draft or Cheque,which is more secured and better than any other means of payment. It's what i have been searching for for the last 6 months.Thanks for everything.
    Please help me take good proper care of it because i know by now its mine.But right now the month is drawing down to an END and i can see that i finally got one.

Really i want you to please send more pictures if available and if not its okay.
    I'm from Aberdeen in Scotland in UK,But i live by the sea side in The Republic of Denmark cos am a SAILOR. I always come home ( Aberdeen in Scotland in UK) every 4 Months and travel back to my place of work in Porto

So,kindly get back to me,so i know which of the two is your most preferred means of payment for the said item.Thanks for the mail...The payment will be in advance by Cheque and i will need the following info:

Once i recieve your payment details, I will get you inform as soon as the payment is on the way to you. Their won't be any problem picking up the item from your location because my friend works with a shipping company and he will be the one coming down to pick it up and also handle all the paper work's with you.
    PLEASE NOTE: That the cheque /Banker's Draft will be cleared first before releasing the Item ok .

Hope to read from you soonest.so get back to me fast, Kindly get back to me. I will be glad to read from you.
    Regards,
    ken smith

and heres my other interested party - Grosoli, the second scammer !
    Moreover, my wife had advised me to go for the car.I will implore my client to issue out to you a certified bank cheque of 19,200euro while the excess is for the transportation of the vehicle to my location and within few days you shall get the cheque .
    Make sure you mail me back immediately you get this message with the following informations so that the cheque can be mail to you at once:
    YOUR NAME(As you want it on the cheque)..............
    YOUR ADDRESS....................
    TELEPHONE(mobile,home,office).....................
    As soon as the cheque clears to your account the shippers information that will come for the pick up will be given to you .
    REGARDS
    Grosoli Filippo

Ah yeah - that Ken guy wrote to me too. I responded to his mail with a good idea that it was dodgy. This is what I got back...

Dear,

Regards,
    ken smith

To this I responded something like

"Please make my cheque out to Gof Uckyourself because in that he is my uncle who the car belongs. Please then sent to my bank manager A.N. Other in the central bank of ireland and I will now to squeeze this car into the post box."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

"Please make my cheque out to Gof Uckyourself because in that he is my uncle who the car belongs. Please then sent to my bank manager A.N. Other in the central bank of ireland and I will now to squeeze this car into the post box."

:D Absolutely brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

I hear ya buddy, sir ken was on to me too, i feel cheated and lonely now, here was my response:

Sir Ken,

I refer to previous correspondence in connection with the above. Just to clarify a few of your inquiries:

1)Present working condition of the car

Excellent, fresh from its use as a prop in summer exotic film blockbuster 'Animal Farm 4-Return of the Donkey Schlong' the addition of both human and animal excreted bodily fluids has really added some character to this mobile. Car is currently on location in Tangere, but will be posted to you in pieces each month with a magazine with detailed instructions on how to put together your own kite, an exceptional read. Issue 1 includes a dust cap and so forth

2)Last asking price of the car

€42,734.78 (including free donkey semen), the 78cent is negotiable
    €24,000.00 (without semen-not recommended)
    Paypal Accepted

3)Mail any available photo of the car

See attached, she's a real goer

4)Reason for selling the car

Syphilis, Gonoreaea, VD, Crystal Met Addiction. My life of crime and prostitution has landed me in the slammer sharing an 8ft x 8ft cell with a guy called chocolate who likes to ruffle me,

5)Mileage of the car

Any more queries, give me a call.

Best Regards,

BY THE WAY I PUT IN A PICTURE OF A HORSE, THOUGHT IT WAS RATHER APT

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I hear ya buddy, sir ken was on to me too, i feel cheated and lonely now, here was my response:

Sir Ken,

I refer to previous correspondence in connection with the above. Just to clarify a few of your inquiries:

Excellent, fresh from its use as a prop in summer exotic film blockbuster 'Animal Farm 4-Return of the Donkey Schlong' the addition of both human and animal excreted bodily fluids has really added some character to this mobile. Car is currently on location in Tangere, but will be posted to you in pieces each month with a magazine with detailed instructions on how to put together your own kite, an exceptional read. Issue 1 includes a dust cap and so forth

Paypal Accepted

Syphilis, Gonoreaea, VD, Crystal Met Addiction. My life of crime and prostitution has landed me in the slammer sharing an 8ft x 8ft cell with a guy called chocolate who likes to ruffle me,

5)Mileage of the car

Best Regards,

LOL, Brilliant:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Vic Mackay

Sir Ken,

Paypal Accepted

5)Mileage of the car

Best Regards,

FAIL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Joe Malone

Guys,
    The "lads" (scambaiting term for the fraudsters) prey on westerners stupidity and are generally fairly smart. They will generally not waste their time on the kind of replies some here have quoted. If you want to get them, then sound genuine. Get a ready to go phone number and give it to them, then give them a fake address to send the bank draft to - this costs them money. Tell them u never received the draft etc etc and make sure they RING you (this costs them money and wastes their time), be sure to encourage them to ring rather than email (this costs them nothing). Come across as naive rather than completely stupid and the lad will think he is onto a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Why not get his address, and tell him to hand over the money to a good friend of yours who just happens to be staying in a nearby hotel?

Just to see their response.

Joe Malone wrote: »
    Guys,
    Get a ready to go phone number and give it to them, then give them a fake address to send the bank draft to - this costs them money. Tell them u never received the draft etc etc and make sure they RING you (this costs them money and wastes their time).

Instead of buying a phone if you can use this http://www.spoofcard.com/ do (sorry i know i mentioned it earlier but I've had great craic with it). Also tell them that you really want this deal to go through and that you trust them but your bank will not accept a bank draft or whatever without some proof. Tell them you need a picture of them holding up a sign with 10iot writen on it. Tell them it is a secret banking code etc.

Make sure they believe you want to sell them the car and that you are their friend and it is only the bank that is asking for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Have to agree with some of the earlier posts, 419eater is absolutely brilliant.

For anyone looking for a laugh, have a look for the American girl on 419, cant remember her name (she's one of the main contributors). She pretends she's on a boat travelling around Africa and baits him into thinking she's going to deliver him money and she made him travel back and forth between Nigeria and the Ivory Coast. There's recorded phone calls uploaded of him going crazy, it's absolutely hilarious.

Vertakill wrote: »
    Have to agree with some of the earlier posts, 419eater is absolutely brilliant.

Christ those guys are good. I just read a thread where they got people to go from Nigeria to Ivory Coast. One off the guys got his passport and money stolen, had to sleep on the street and coudln't get home. Deserved it to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Ok, I'm going to bait them so............and I'll post up their replies here as they happen hopefull if i'm not too busy.
    Anything else to really drive them wild?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Instead of buying a phone if you can use this http://www.spoofcard.com/ do (sorry i know i mentioned it earlier but I've had great craic with it). Also tell them that you really want this deal to go through and that you trust them but your bank will not accept a bank draft or whatever without some proof. Tell them you need a picture of them holding up a sign with 10iot writen on it. Tell them it is a secret banking code etc.

Make sure they believe you want to sell them the car and that you are their friend and it is only the bank that is asking for this.

I saw one on 419eater.com before of some woman wearing a bra, and a skirt, balanced on one leg, with a fish in her mouth, a pineapple balanced on her head and a loaf of bread under her arm. Beside the photo was a diagram instructing her which way to stand for the photograph with the "security pineapple, security fish" etc. Funniest thing I've ever seen- can't find it now unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Don't do this- you may be surprised, the cheque/draft will actually clear and it will only be a month later that your bank will get back to you saying it's a fake. There is a misapprehension that after 3 days you are safe, you are not.

Advertisement