Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned by Terrance

Options
  • 08-07-2008 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Smods,

I received a ban from Terry as a result of this thread, after an AfterHours moderator had already issued an in thread warning. One would assume that would be the issue dealt with, but apparently not for Terry.

As a result of a past event between myself and Terry, we reached an agreement with another AH moderator that he was to not make any moderation decisions involving me in the future. He's obviously breached this agreement, as well as overriding another AH moderators decision.

I'm sure there's something about it in the moderator forum if you need to reference it, or I can pass you on the relevant pms.

Now, obviously I've taken the fact that, as usual, he could be off his face after a long night of drowning his sorrows, into account but if he is capable of typing somewhat coherently, one would imagine he's also capable of somewhat logical reasoning and should have noted Karomas action in thread and left it at that, particularly when said agreement was still in place.

Although, having read back over the comment I made in the thread, I wonder how it's even actionable?
    Rb wrote:
    I wonder what the reaction would have been had it been muslim children being brought into a Christian church made pray to Jesus/God and Mary and made wear Christian symbols...

I would guess something like this:pac:

Is it not fair to say that should such an event take place, that it would more than likely have the Islamic fundamentalists up in arms? It's tragic, but it's quite accurate. Look at what happened in England on the 7th/7, what happened the cartoonist, what has happened in the netherlands etc. I really think it is quite a fair comment. If the moderators deemed me to be insulting all muslims, I think they should have a closer look at the wording and read the statement for what it was, rather than trying to find some in-depth meaning to it that didn't exist.

He's not replying to any pm's so I thought I'd bring it here. Can anything be done?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I have asked the question of Terry.
    I will get back to you with his reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I have asked the question of Terry.
    I will get back to you with his reply.
    Thanks Beruthiel.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Your ban has been lifted Rb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb