Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

windscreen washer down

Options
  • 08-07-2008 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

hi lads.

got a 96 almera here.

just noticed that when trying to get water onto the windscreen, nothing coming. hear a peculiar noise.

put some water in the washer tank,didnt help.

dont think it was empty,last time that happened a few months back, a yellow light lit up to warn.

is it a big job to repair, and does anyone know where i could get that repaired in dublin city centre abouts?

selling this car soon, got a buyer, but need to get this sorted before.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Check the water pipes to the nozzel on the bonnet. Could be a kink in the pipe or just plain loose. Also make sure the nozzles on the dash are free ie-no dirt. Can be cleared with a pin head.

Either that or the motor is shagged.:(

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is the reservoir still full? It could be leaking out somehow before you get a chance to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Maybe the motor that pumps the washer fluid is shot. Especially if you don't see any leaks. But do check all the pipework first. The motor should be mounted low down on the side of the washer fluid bottle - the pipework extends from there to the washer jets. The jets themselves may be blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

thanks guys.ill try the pin heads.

out of curiosity,anyone knows how much a motor cost and anywhere i could get it changed?cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Don't know how accessible an Almera is, but theoretically you could rip the whole tank/pump assembly out of a crashed car in a breakers yard and then take what you need for your car.

If access isn't a problem you should be able to do this yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

peasant wrote: »
    Don't know how accessible an Almera is, but theoretically you could rip the whole tank/pump assembly out of a crashed car in a breakers yard and then take what you need for your car.

If access isn't a problem you should be able to do this yourself.

+1

I did that with my 2nd Clio. It was a good while ago now so I can't remember how much it cost but it wasn't much. It's not a big job, you just need to be able to identify the part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

The washer bottle and pumps are accessible from the black plastic guard in front of the front driver side wheel. Pull the guard back and you will see the two pumps (size of "D" battery). You should be able to hear the pumps going (front and back washers). If cleaning the nozzles on the bonnet with a pin dont work then pull the pipe out of the pump to see if it pumps ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

call me blind. i tried finding the pump, i could not find it.ill take a picture of the engine later on, maybe someone can point that to me...

on a side note, if u buy a car 2nd hand and the tax has expired, and obviously its not under ur name (and takes >10 days to get the form back from shannon), how do u get the car taxed to drive in the meantime??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

you can pick up an off the shelf washer pump at halfords. its not a big deal to fit it.

Advertisement