Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What reminds you of ex's?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Wilburt wrote: »
    Hallelujah (jeff buckley version) can't listen to cos the particular ex used to sing it to me. Awesome song but well just can't listen to it.
    Another one is a dance song, slam by pendulum.

Harsh dude, two awesome songs you can no longer enjoy.

Eh, what reminds me of ex's? New York, pasta carbonara, teeth marks.

No one can take my songs though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Gonna take clare bear's advice and listen to them nonstop so I become desensitized to them... however I'm afraid it may ruin the awesomeness of the song altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 big mug of T

watna wrote: »
    (I really really won the break-up!).

Sorry to get off the topic but this caught my attention
    Didn't think a breakup was a competition!
    How exactly do you go about "scoring a breakup" not to mind "winning" one?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

Hmm, yeah it would have to be music, some songs are just so sad, so try not to listen to them anymore. And a place we were on holidays, I went back this year with family and it was a bit sad too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

The first one is a photographer, so anytime I pick up my camera I'm reminded of him.

The second one is an artist, so anytime I draw I'm reminded of him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tobiesheba

The smell of the aftershave he used to wear - don't even know what it was called but anytime I smell it I think of him.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

that ad where the drunk driver kills the child and one where the other drunk driver smashes the kids into a wall

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

It's places for me. Cities we went to together but mainly restaurants that we ate at together. I made a point of going there with my current bf when we started going out to banish the memories and make new ones. The funny thing is that now when he pops in to my head (it's always at random times that I can't explain) I feel nothing, except feeling a little bit sorry for him (I really really won the break-up!). Time really does heal everything, even if at the time you don't.

I know what you mean, i feel sorry for my ex when i think about him which isnt often but i definately won that break up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Mostly places, restaurants and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Far too much stuff reminds me of my ex

Perfume, music etc

I can no longer watch High Fidelity, one of my favourite movies. Until recently I couldn't watch Scrubs cos I seem to associate her with it and a lot of the situations in it

It is unfair that someone who is no longer in my life should have such a hold on me

I am a sad broken man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

Rec, it sounds like the hold she has is weakening if you can watch scrubs now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Places, things and a certain sexual position.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Looby_Loo wrote: »
    Rec, it sounds like the hold she has is weakening if you can watch scrubs now.

It is weakening but not enough or fast enough for my liking

Anyway one day I will function again and this sort of musing is more suited to PI

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I can no longer watch High Fidelity

I cant watch family guy any more :mad: not at the moment anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Perfume... she wore the v strong smelling Jean Paul Gaultier just after it came out u know the bottle that is shaped like a woman's body.

Bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

The song "She Hates Me" (puddle of mud) An ex used sing it at me. I always think of that when i hear it. Makes me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Reminded of another one today, shampoo this one girl washed her hair with.
    Was so strong even after she washed it out.
    One night I could get the smell in a club, turned around and boom there she was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Ex 1 - Lacoste Silver, the Galway Races, almost all of my friends (since they are all his friends too).

Ex 2 - paella (is that spelt right?), hookah pipes, Bryant Park, Ground Zero, madras, the phrase "I know right?"!!

But in a fond way, all of it, thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Lots but all fondly

songs, phrases, almond icing, a table he made for me, my/our college, places we went to, bus eireann buses. I'm sure there's more, most just bring a smile to my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Ex 1 - nothing

Ex 2 - anything cheap and tacky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Ex 1 - nothing

Ex 2 - anything cheap and tacky

ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

judas101 wrote: »
    ouch!

my thoughts exactly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Alice in chains song "rooster" , he played it one night sent shivers down my spine , god didnt hear that song in ages

/runs to get ipod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Wilburt wrote: »
    Gonna take clare bear's advice and listen to them nonstop so I become desensitized to them... however I'm afraid it may ruin the awesomeness of the song altogether

Might not work for you Wilburt but definitely did for me....the first few times sucks and you might feel like crying like a baby but keep doing it, you do eventually become desensitized to them....didn't ruin my favourite songs for me, they were already ruined and I made sure I got them back and loved them for what they were again, great songs.

Hope I don't make it worse now for you :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Cathooo wrote: »
    my thoughts exactly!

The relationships ended for a reason! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

His cologne. Joop or something.... adored the stuff when we were going out.
    Someone was wearing it in the pub the other night, I pointed out to someone else that this guy seemed to have bathed in the stuff and they couldnt even smell it.

It honestly made me want to vomit. Bleugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

The funny thing is that now when he pops in to my head (it's always at random times that I can't explain) I feel nothing, except feeling a little bit sorry for him (I really really won the break-up
    You won that break up? Jesus. If you're thinking of it in those terms, i really dont think you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ex1 - nothing, it was so long ago tbh.

Ex2 - Alcopops, and the word Rohypnol. Seriously, this psycho accused me of spiking her drink after we had a one nighter a while after we broke up. Silly cow.

Ex3 - A certain perfume.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

JEBUS!!!!!

It's stoooopid friggin threads like THIS that make me remember them bastárds!!!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP damn you for starting this thread :mad:

This song leave's me gutted...

Katie Malua 'Closest thing to Crazy'..

Advertisement