Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What reminds you of ex's?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Aww I'm sorry Mairt. There there buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Their first name, songs, fragrances or places generally remind me of guys I've been intimate with.

For a few after the break up it felt like their names were EVERYWHERE, tv, radio, work etc. there was no escaping it.

They've ruined potentially ok names for future kids haha :)

A

Em the main ex.....

Certain places we went to, phrases he used, albums/bands we listened to and the car he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

ok lets see

Tires going flat - the hissing sound was the same as his laugh
    the smell of incredibly bad B.O.
    The type of car he drove
    annoying people
    any kind of bad drama
    horrible jewelry and bad gifts

Basically bad things

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

is it weird that i have a song that reminds me of my ex's mother? :p she was a bit mad (in a good way), & i have this strange memory of her dancing around the kitchen singing to a certain song. & everytime i hear it i think of her & then him.. (it was on the radio in the last while)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

They're names and the places they were from are the main biggies!
    Also some small mannerisms and interests they have. Whenever I see someone or hear those interests mentioned, I sometimes have a flash of them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Waking up to him playing his guitar at 3AM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 libby25

yea Looby Loo me too November Rain aswell reminds me of my ex.. great song but every time i hear it reminds me of him..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

incubus - wish you were here..... and it always gets stuck in my head :rolleyes:

*bangs head off wall*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

calvin harris-acceptable in the 80's
    the sranglers-golden brown

they were his message and ring tone for over 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Jelly babies and the song Cannonball by Damien Rice...that song has been completely ruined for me now!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Screw Damien Rice, the more important question is are you still able to eat jelly babies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I can't believe a boy made this thread :pac:

/points finger

Is it callous of me that nothing springs to mind? :/

The only thing that comes close is while I was having a dance with 'new guy' then ex appeared from the rafters and starts kicking the knackers off new guy.

Who won fair lady? neithers. Too scary and stoopid looking so I went to the other side and danced with somebody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

incubus - wish you were here..... and it always gets stuck in my head :rolleyes:

*bangs head off wall*

that's the reason me and my fella arent allowed break up. he is NOT allowed to ruin that song for me.

although The Tea Party's "wishin you would stay" is one from the first time i met him, and had to go home, which was quite sad, and i dont particularly like listening to it now, and their song release is another one i cant really listen to as it might have accidently caused me to break up with him at one point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

the combined smell of Joop and chain-smoked Benson and hedges.

and his ringtone-one on the nokia builders fone.

He was my redneck bit of rough, and completely f**ked me over.

The smell now makes me nauseous....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gigglet

Ex1: The smell of Aqua Di Gio, people that avoid buying a round in a pub, people with no intelligence, Jim Morrison :confused:

Ex2: Car crash ads on television (it was the one without the seatbelt that did the damage, charity ads on television (I have to walk 5 miles for water, etc), many computer (nerd) related things :D (in a good way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Journey - Don't stop believing

I Can't listen to that song!! It always reminds me of that F**ker of an ex!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Westlife's unbreakable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Toenail clippings on the bathroom floor.
    Toast crumbs in bed.
    Loo seat up.
    smelly trainers.
    Biohazard bathroom smells......

Ah yes, he was quite the catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

i was on the bus into work today and a guy got on wearing the same aftershave as my ex........... my stomach was lurching the whole way in to town :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 plug-in-baby

cologne def ! some bands ., um even certain pc games...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Muse. There's a band I can't listen to anymore. Damn her. ;)

Too much stuff reminds me of her. Mostly good, but enough bad to help me pretend I don't care. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Its hard to get away from the bastards when they get back in contact 6 months after they make **** of you..... GRRRRRR Why do men do this?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Its hard to get away from the bastards when they get back in contact 6 months after they make **** of you..... GRRRRRR Why do men do this?????

Because "you don't know what you got 'til it's gone", apparently he realised too late that he might not be able to actually do any better than you.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Muse. There's a band I can't listen to anymore. Damn her. ;)

unforgivable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

:D
    the combined smell of Joop and chain-smoked Benson and hedges.

and his ringtone-one on the nokia builders fone.

He was my redneck bit of rough, and completely f**ked me over.

The smell now makes me nauseous....

Joop is shocking holy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Toenail clippings on the bathroom floor.
    Toast crumbs in bed.
    Loo seat up.
    smelly trainers.
    Biohazard bathroom smells......

Ah yes, he was quite the catch.

aren't you forgetting dirty jocks lol:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tobiesheba

SarahSassy wrote: »

Because they have a second sense and even if they're at the other end of the world they know the instant you stop thinking about them! And while they're finished with you they don't want you to be over them. Bitter? Me? Never!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Mad alright but I'll tell you women have the exact same sense, if not more. To a freeeeeaky degree. Every single significant ex of mine, damn near to the second I was actually over them got in contact and wanted to see how I was and maybe we could "meet". Of course the meeting included the "maybe I was wrong etc, maybe we should try again". A month previous, even a week previous I may have been open to it, but right sentiment, wrong time. Ironic or wha? :D.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tobiesheba

It's so weird but after that call/text/random meeting I usually spend more time thinking and wondering hmmm maybe... I sometimes think that if only I'd the gadget Will Smith has in Men in Black for erasing memories - life would be so much easier!

Or anyone notice that even when you delete an ex's number (in my case in an attempt to curb late night drunked phone calls - such a disaster) that even years later you can still rhyme the number of no bother - despite hardly being able to remember the number of friends I've known for years and whom I'm in daily contact with!

Advertisement