Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What reminds you of ex's?

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Luckily for me when they have gotten in contact I was truly over them so, I didn't get the what ifs. More usually I got the what the hell was I thinking. Physically I may still have a twinge in the nethers, but emotionally I usually see them for the headwrecks they were and nothing has changed or we're just not compatible. Same thing with their phone numbers. Looking back I was over them when I had to think twice to remember their number. Between 6 months to a year after the split.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

DEFO songs and smells e.g. aftershave/deodorant.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

The dregs of society tend to remind me of my ex's.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

him texting me at 12am

take the hint

we have split up 3 years

get over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I hate when ya meet ex's by just pure chance.
    Can go 2 ways generally;

akward silence, few words muttered before shuffling off and thanking christ you wont see em again with any luck

the fake-interest-im-your-buddy thing, almost as bad as the akward silence cos you know they're lieing through their teeth and you hate each other equally

then there's the rare one, the all out verbal/physical attack from those very nasty break ups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

anytime i see a pig lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

anything cute and pretty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

At the minute- seeing those bottom feeders on Jerry Springer/ Maury or the like.
    But Im not bitter:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Certain terms of endearment.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

ehh, well lyrics dont usually mean much to me, more into melody and beat but kate nash foundations hit the nail on the head...

My fingertips are holding onto the cracks in our foundations,
    and I know that I should let go, but I can't.

then we have songs that were fun times,

queen dont stop me now, and somebody to love

the beatles love album

food - would have to be mussels

ah the memories :D r should it be :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Wibbs wrote: »
    Luckily for me when they have gotten in contact I was truly over them so, I didn't get the what ifs. More usually I got the what the hell was I thinking. Physically I may still have a twinge in the nethers, but emotionally I usually see them for the headwrecks they were and nothing has changed or we're just not compatible. Same thing with their phone numbers. Looking back I was over them when I had to think twice to remember their number. Between 6 months to a year after the split.

i HATE those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Wibbs wrote: »
    Same thing with their phone numbers. Looking back I was over them when I had to think twice to remember their number. Between 6 months to a year after the split.

Yeh and the numbers you dont forget are the a**holes that hurt you really badly and their number is like imprinted in the brain!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Far too much stuff reminds me of my ex

Perfume, music etc

I can no longer watch High Fidelity, one of my favourite movies. Until recently I couldn't watch Scrubs cos I seem to associate her with it and a lot of the situations in it

It is unfair that someone who is no longer in my life should have such a hold on me

I am a sad broken man

Ok good news update time, bumped into my ex during the week and we went for a drink (we haven't seen each other in months)

She looked fantastic and we had a good chat about life in general and got on well and I can honestly say I felt nothing, nada, zilch

I am going to watch High Fidelity this evening and hopefully then all I have to contend with is the odd memory that crops up at random

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Good for you Recliner :)

Ok good news update time, bumped into my ex during the week and we went for a drink (we haven't seen each other in months)

She looked fantastic and we had a good chat about life in general and got on well and I can honestly say I felt nothing, nada, zilch

I am going to watch High Fidelity this evening and hopefully then all I have to contend with is the odd memory that crops up at random

Pretty much same thing happened to me recently.

It is brilliant. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Music is a f*cking killer.

We had v few songs we both liked - he is obsessed with dance music, i hate it. theres only about 3 songs that have any meaning for us. theres a certain stupid dance song that was out when we got together & it ALWAYS reminded me of him, used to text him everytime it was on. its still played in clubs 2 years later, id gotten to the point of hating it anyway but now it makes me want to cover my ears.

then theres a more recent song he is obsessed with, that i actually like. he used to always text me when it was on. except the last few weeks hes gone back texting me when its on :mad: & did it again last night, even though we've both said no contact.

then last night "our song" came on when i was out. & i didnt text him (id given my friend my phone so i couldnt even id i wanted to!). but then he had bloody text me anyway!

sorry that turned into a little rant.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I'm sorry Sar84...I remember when I thought that Shane and I had broken up for good and a song came on the radio (it was "leave right now" by Will Young and it was more that it was about splitting up), I bawled like a baby.

One of my ex's had really red hair and for a few years when I saw any tall well built men with red hair and a sexy bum I thought of him. Still friends with him but only by email - he wanted to meet a while ago (we are both happily married now) but I would rather leave it to chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Mostly songs remind me of different exes. Some I'll smile and sing along (Where the Streets have No Name being one of these) but others I have to switch off (Shola Ama - You Might Need somebody being one of these).

With one ex (THE ex I suppose!!) it's the film Speed. Was watching it one night while having a textual argument with him over him texting me while he was seein another girl. Luckily I can still watch the film and not be reminded of him every time, only the very rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Different songs for different exs!
    My favourite band was introducted to me by an ex! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

smaoifs wrote: »
    Mostly songs remind me of different exes. Some I'll smile and sing along (Where the Streets have No Name being one of these) but others I have to switch off (Shola Ama - You Might Need somebody being one of these).

With one ex (THE ex I suppose!!) it's the film Speed. Was watching it one night while having a textual argument with him over him texting me while he was seein another girl. Luckily I can still watch the film and not be reminded of him every time, only the very rare.

ha, funny how you have a few exes... and then 'THE' ex...

that's the way i'd think of one of them too. oddly enough, i prefer all my other exes over the ex, but meh, what can i say... baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad choices along the way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

Brown cord trousers or jeans. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Have to say songs remind me of ex's.
    :(
    Places not so much, but there was one place that reminded me of one and I remember the majority of what she said that day too :)

At this stage, this THREAD is reminding me of my ex. everytime i come to LL i see "what reminds you of ex's?" & think about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

sar84 wrote: »
    At this stage, this THREAD is reminding me of my ex. everytime i come to LL i see "what reminds you of ex's?" & think about him.

Aww boo :( *Hugs*

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Aww boo :( *Hugs*

Aww thanks :) stupid boys! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

When I see him because he's stalking me ;) No really!

Advertisement