Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger 10/22 What do you think...?

Options
  • 09-07-2008 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Ruger 10/22 What do you think...? I have a Cz in .22lr and thinking to change in semi auto what do you think about Ruger does any one have one,what are they like? I know that there is alot of extra you can put on that gun...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

It would have beem my first choice but couldn't get it in WMR, I only read good reports and you can spend hours modifying it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

a standard 10/22 be a step down accuracy wise from a CZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Keep your CZ unless as Jonty says you want a lot less accuracy and a lot more jams. To make one accurate you'll spend a hell of a lot of money on it and practically replace every part of the rifle, and still have to clean it throughly after each time you use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

Hi Guys ,
    yep I have heard reports that you can get a good one or a bad one ... but for someone who is only starting out how could I tell . Considering I take that most firearms dealers do not let you try before you buy.

My reasoning for the 10/22 is that I want to get in to some form of competitive shooting.
    But Gallery shooting was something which I taught would be a good place to start and that would seem that the ruger is possibly a good starting point in regards to the firearm.
    I would have no bother in swapping out the barrel and trigger a little further down the line but in order to keep the nearly wife happy I would be starting with a basic model, would this be a complete waste of time ..

Also here is a newbie question

The Ruger 10/22RB and the Ruger K10/22 RPF,
    is the difference purely cosmetic or would the synthetic stock alleviate some of the issues I have heard about .

some info on gallery shooting : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallery_rifle_shooting
    also on NASRC page : http://www.nasrc.ie/Gallery%20Rifle.htm

dont think its a spray and pray type :)

But can anyone tell me the difference between the above 22's ?

Darr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Stick with the CZ as John Galway said. Its hard to get a good accurate out of the box semi auto, Krico and anschutz are 2 examples. I don't know much about formal target shooting, but is gallery shooting kind of spray and pray which wouldn't require much finesse or accuracy.

If I'm wrong about gallery shooting, I apologise, as I have already stated I don't know much about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The Ruger has a lot of fans, all of whom will point out that you can get a very nice accurate little rifle out of it - all you have to do is replace the barrel, trigger, action, stock and sights and do a bit of custom tweaking to the receiver.

Personally, I'd rather buy a working rifle from the get-go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Look, in the end the 10/22 is not built for putting ten rounds in the one hole at a hundred yards. It's built for FUN, and my god it fulfills this role:D I can get crows and mags out to 80 yards with velocitors on my standard 10/22, no work done to it but for a scope and a bipod.

Like I said though, if you want laser-rifle accuracy avoid it. If you want to learn to shoot affordably and have some craic while doing it, then get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yup, horses for courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

It's a "what you want to makeof it"gun Be a plinkster,or a customised target rifle[within reason].Dont expect a multi tool to do any one task well.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mantas_jok

well alot of opinions... i think you al right.. i have i tikka t3 tactical in 223 for acurasy. so i think i will change my Cz in to ruger just for change and liek somebody said for fun... i want to make from mike basic ruger something like that...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

:D

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Nice pics.Especially the first one.:) Long time since I 've seen a good metal wood Ramline stock like that.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

The Krinkov is a gas little kit alright... talk about a sheep in wolf's clothing:p

I fell in love with the Butler Creek stock that you can see in my sig about a year ago, just had to get one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 rabbit hunter

Jonty wrote: »
    a standard 10/22 be a step down accuracy wise from a CZ
    defo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭IDon'tKnow!

I thought the whole point of the 10/22 was that you could custom the hell out of it.

MZ1022.jpg

See make it a bullpup or just buy a bullpup

G22_black_lrg.jpg

But Semi autos are great fun when plinking!

Advertisement