Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting a documentary advice.

• 09-07-2008 8:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Myself and my girlfriend are travellin around the USA this September and are going to be making a holiday video/documentary thing along the way. It is primarily just for us and our friends to have a giggle at, but if it turns out to be really good might turn it into a little youtube series or something.

After we interview people and such, do we have to get them to sign release forms or anything like that so we can use their images?

Sorry if that's a really silly question, but would rather know now!

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

yes you need to have a consent form signed by the person you are interviewing etc, there are a few templates online i believe, though the terminology seems to be a bit confused.

technically your consent form to be a legal document needs to contain a form of exchange between you and the person you are interviewing, i.e you pay them.

This is mostly symbolic though, where you just have in the document that they agreed to do the interview in exchange for a doller (that you dont need to give them)

But the company i am currently work for dont do that, they have a form similar to this one:

http://myhero.com/myhero/go/filmfestival/pdf/release_form.pdf

but I dont know the legality of such forms, they wouldnt be able to stand up in court if it got serious.

Advertisement