Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive time to airport AM?

Options
  • 09-07-2008 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Not sure how heavy the traffic gets and how long peak hour lasts, but I need to go to the airport from D4 area next Thursday to pick someone up (arriving 9am from UK*) and wondered roughly how long I should allow. I'm mainly asking how heavy/slow around the Eastlink (think it's called that) across the river and the tunnel area. Would an hour be enough time to allow?

*I guess ringing air traffic control at Heathrow would be a good place to start!!!!:P:P:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

ozchick wrote: »
    Not sure how heavy the traffic gets and how long peak hour lasts, but I need to go to the airport from D4 area next Thursday to pick someone up (arriving 9am from UK*) and wondered roughly how long I should allow. I'm mainly asking how heavy/slow around the Eastlink (think it's called that) across the river and the tunnel area. Would an hour be enough time to allow?

*I guess ringing air traffic control at Heathrow would be a good place to start!!!!:P:P:D

an hour should be plenty of time, although you don't want to get there too early is it will cost you a fortune in the car park !

If you leave an hour, it will take you 30mins, if you give it 30 mins it will take an hour, the joys of Dublin traffic:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

My be the http://www.thepattonflyer.ie/ might be an option.
    It stops at Ailesbury road. Might be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

ozchick wrote: »

They could get the Aircoach to various places in D4 and you could pick them up there? That way if their flight is delayed you aren't hanging around the airport, they tell you when they get on the bus (you can wach them live here http://www.aircoach.ie/ws2/kw_index.html) and you can judge getting from your house to the pick up point better as you know the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

an hour should be plenty of time, although you don't want to get there too early is it will cost you a fortune in the car park !

If you leave an hour, it will take you 30mins, if you give it 30 mins it will take an hour, the joys of Dublin traffic:D

How true!!! And not just in Dublin!

I thought about her getting the aircoach cos the tunnel will cost heaps, but it seems a bit rude as she is only here for 2 days.

Do you have to book the aircoach or just rock up? It stops at Jury's (or whatever it's called now) which is just around the corner.

I have to drive to the airport to pick my man up tonight (later) anyway, so that trip might help me decide :rolleyes:

Thanks all. I really appreciate the help I find on this site :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

www.dub.aero

In the centre top they have "Live Flight Information".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Where abouts in D4?

Less than 10 minutes from Irishtown will see you to the airport.

Park up in ALSSA, Keilys, Coachmans etc.., and get your arrival to ring you when they are landside. Pick them up at the back of the multistory which has a non paying set down area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Oh, thank you Victor, thank you Bluetonic for the inside info. All the stuff you locals know - great to find out :):)

Shellbourne Road, so takes a bit longer - and of course depends on the time of day! Still it's closer from here to airport than from home to aiport at home. And believe me, I did that drive every Monday and Friday while hubby was working interstate for what seemed like 12 months. Took about over an hour round trip and then I had to front up to work after getting up at 5. Soon as we got a second car I told him to drive himself!:D

Advertisement