Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August bank holiday - looking for accomodation

Options
  • 09-07-2008 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi
    Just wandering if anyone can recommend somewhere to stay in Galway city, pref easy to get to the Galway races?
    We're only going up for the bank holiday weekend...4 girls

Any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

I'd say most if not all accomodation is booked out at this stage. Your best bet may be a B&B in Oranmore or Knocknacarra (suburbs). Anywhere that has accommodation left will have sky high prices I'd say too. You could try Days Hotel on the Dublin Rd, Quality Hotel in Oranmore and Oranmore Lodge Hotel. Thats really the only ones that comes up on www.laterooms.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

4 girls you say?
    Hmmm, a few of the guys on here will probably offer ya a place to stay ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

You can all sleep in my bed....pending photos of course. Please PM them to me asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

would you know anyone letting out an apartment for a weekend or a house?

I know its leaving it a bit late but we're looking to pay 100 each for 2 nights...pretty unrealistic huh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

would you know anyone letting out an apartment for a weekend or a house?

I know its leaving it a bit late but we're looking to pay 100 each for 2 nights...pretty unrealistic huh :D

Try booking for August 2009/2010 maybe? :eek:

• Advertisement

ok well could anyone tell me the closest areas in County Galway that I should look for accomodation in? Like somewhere thats accessible in a taxi to Galway city?

Thank you for the comments
    I will not be sending pictures of us however....you'll see us if we get there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

ok well could anyone tell me the closest areas in County Galway that I should look for accomodation in? Like somewhere thats accessible in a taxi to Galway city?

Thank you for the comments
    I will not be sending pictures of us however....you'll see us if we get there :D

:eek: Don't think we want pics anymore if ye're that big! :D

Google search for B&B's out in Oranmore, prob your best bet

oh ye we're pretty huge :D curvatious if you will ha ha

thanks for that i'll get googlin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I reckon you will be lucky to get anywhere within half an hours drive of the city.As said earlier book 2009/10:p
    Actually try a few B&Bs off the beaten track maybe ones catered towards angling down by the lake out Moycullen/Oughterard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

As mentioned before...Oranmore or failing that, Clarinbridge. You havn't a hope of getting anything for 4 people at 100 euro a head for 2 nights, unless you want to stay in a box

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Bringing a tent might be your only option if you want to go that cheap. Or just do a 24 hour visit - ie come in on the bus, party for the 24 hours straight or what not, pass out on the bus going home.

I think it's hard to find 50 a person a night accommodation (outside of hostel dorm beds) on an summer weekend in Galway, never mind race week.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

www.hostelworld.com

However given the week, I suggest you use a very broad definition of Galway ... perhaps even as far as Limerick ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

tristanc wrote: »
    I think it's hard to find 50 a person a night accommodation (outside of hostel dorm beds) on an summer weekend in Galway, never mind race week.

+1 - EUR50 pp/night race week in Galway for race week ... Mmm, rather impossible I'd say.
    Might be cheaper to rent a helicopter and commute a few days! :eek: :D

Good luck with your plans !

Valerie

Advertisement