Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Chip + Orange Muffins (Rachael Allen?)

• 09-07-2008 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, by any chacne did anyone happen to see Rachael Allen on RTE over the weekend. She was making chocolate chip + orange muffins, I just didn't have a pen to hand and didn't get the quantities of ingredients down in time. If anyone knows I wouuld really appreciate the help - haven't tried muffins before and don't want to be guestimating it!!;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ozgirl

Hi guys, by any chacne did anyone happen to see Rachael Allen on RTE over the weekend. She was making chocolate chip + orange muffins, I just didn't have a pen to hand and didn't get the quantities of ingredients down in time. If anyone knows I wouuld really appreciate the help - haven't tried muffins before and don't want to be guestimating it!!;)
    I too was in the same boat. BBC1 who run her series were no help and the programme is not available on BBC i Player. But I tracked the recipe down (under)> I think it comes from a variation of Rachel's 30 day muffin recipe where the dates and raisins are replaced with various ingredients including chocolate chips and orange rind. Go to:

www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/recipe.asp?id=1296. If that doesn't work, just google the main lifestylefood.com.au web site and look up Rachel Allen's recipes from Rachels favorite food.

Hope this helps

I'll be trying this recipe soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Possum66

Hm... Interesting, this is very similar to the recipe you can find in Darina Allen's book (Ballymaloe Cookery Book).

Either way it is a very useful recipe. One thing is certain, the mix won't sit in your fridge for 30 days... It is sooo good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

i seem to remember they made a milk with orange in it
    why not use that as a milk suplament

just 125gs of chocky chips
    and even of wiht rinde....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Thanks a mil for the help + suggestions guys :):)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Definitely make them, my gf does, they are delicious!

Advertisement