Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donate hosting to SSF?

Options
  • 09-07-2008 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Just won the DigiWeb hosting package. I'd like to donate it to SSF if it can be put to good use. How, I don't know? Is this possible as I have enough domains and bandwidth left on my current package.

Not sure if this is the best place to post?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Maybe post here also.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Dan from Digiweb said it's cool by the way :cool:

Will see if the mods want to move it rather than double post. Forgot about that forum, saw it ages ago :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Thats a really nice thing to do! I'm sure it would make it easier for them to promote it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Nice idea cormie, we will have to ask the admins for a interim total of the money in the SSF coffers at the moment.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Nice idea cormie, we will have to ask the admins for a interim total of the money in the SSF coffers at the moment.
    Boards.ie does not own/operate SSF, it's a seperate venture by some people who post on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

NEWSFLASH: Cormie Gives Something Away! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

CuLT wrote: »
    Boards.ie does not own/operate SSF, it's a seperate venture by some people who post on boards.ie.

DeV is in charge of the bank account (I think).

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

SteveC wrote: »
    DeV is in charge of the bank account (I think).
    Just clarifying that "the admins" in general don't have this information :)

Sorry CuLT, was getting confused! It happens when you get to my age! :eek:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry, yes SSF is my baby, nothing directly related to Boards LTD but they let me use Boards to persue it.

Cormie, either I will put it in for an auction I am planning (but thats some time away, probably early next year) or if you can sell it to someone and donate the money that works too.

Normally I empty the coffers every xmas but this year I held some back because we may need liquid assets to run this auction night, and also I am beginning to feel uncomfortable that we arent a registered charity (all this money goes through a separate bank account under my name but still....) so I may have to pay some accountant for services (I'll be looking up the Register of the Willing) in that case.

SSF most likely WONT happen this year because I want to do other things like the auction and move the B-Team idea forwards which I have neglected lately due to trying to keep body and soul together :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Good man cormie. Expect an invite to Dudess' Men of Honour social club. I just have to wait until the next board meeting to ratify your nomination but it's really just a formality.

Why not do the auction at xmas beers? Usually good attendance and should have good support. I still have some items left from the karaoke night. Like 2 X Dublin passes, bottle of wine, 4 mini sparkling wines, and a 15 quid one4all voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

javaboy wrote: »
    Good man cormie. Expect an invite to Dudess' Men of Honour social club. I just have to wait until the next board meeting to ratify your nomination but it's really just a formality.

Seconded.

And cormie, thanks.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Why not do the auction at xmas beers? Usually good attendance and should have good support. I still have some items left from the karaoke night. Like 2 X Dublin passes, bottle of wine, 4 mini sparkling wines, and a 15 quid one4all voucher.
    Because I want to charge 100 euro a ticket and have it as a formal ball. :)

First I need to sort out, well, a job would be nice and a place to live soon will also be required. I consider those things, ummm... priorities :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

DeVore wrote: »
    First I need to sort out, well, a job would be nice and a place to live soon will also be required. I consider those things, ummm... priorities :)

DeV.

Wasn't there a thread where people from every county in Ireland said they'd put you up for the night or was that one of the other admins?

Besides we know you don't need to work since you're an AdSense millionaire ;)

You mean you scoffed all them chocolates? Haha.

I think if you put it up for auction maybe. I'm not sure how easy it would be to sell, I don't even know what it's worth? €99 or something is it?

Because I want to charge 100 euro a ticket and have it as a formal ball. :)

DeV.

Oooh sounds swanky! Why not do this: 1) Get a job working as a wedding planner 2) Live - In at the hotel 3) Book the auction at the hotel! Win, Win, Win and win for the hotel getting extra business!

javaboy wrote: »
    Wasn't there a thread where people from every county in Ireland said they'd put you up for the night or was that one of the other admins?

Besides we know you don't need to work since you're an AdSense millionaire ;)
    I said that I reckoned I probably could find someone to put me up in every county but I dont think there was a thread about it (though, I could easily be wrong about that... these days I miss new forums being created!)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I said that I reckoned I probably could find someone to put me up in every county but I dont think there was a thread about it (though, I could easily be wrong about that... these days I miss new forums being created!)

DeV.

Nope ,methinks you just said it in the podcast:)

That time of year, so bumpity bump! Don't know what has happened with this but Digiweb said it's cool, just don't forget to put it up for auction ;)

• Advertisement

I wont, I'm still planning something for next year but I noticed I said I wasnt going to do SSF this year and ended up doing it anyway! :rolleyes:

DeV.

Cool thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I wont, I'm still planning something for next year but I noticed I said I wasnt going to do SSF this year and ended up doing it anyway! :rolleyes:

DeV.

Might have had something to do with people organising events for it without consulting you first

<_<

>_>

Dev, you can stay here if you want. Only thing is it would have to be in my bed. And I tend to spoon.

Oh and congrats on the win cormie and fair play for the offer.

orestes wrote: »
    Might have had something to do with people organising events for it without consulting you first

<_<

>_>
    Come to think of it.... yes!!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Come to think of it.... yes!!

DeV.

Uh oh....

/runs

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

How does one help out for SSF anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

DeVore wrote:
    First I need to sort out, well, a job would be nice
    On that count, can i suggest you look here

Anyone know how much this raised in the end?

• Advertisement

Hi again, still haven't heard if this was ever sold or not? If anyone knows and knows how much it got, it would be great to hear :)

Advertisement