Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long - online banking to NIB account?

Options
  • 09-07-2008 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

How long should it take for online banking funds transfer from one account (not sure which bank) to NIB current account?

Have asked someone to transfer funds on Monday. Would like to know how soon I could determine for definite if they have or have not done this?

How well updated are transactions with NIB's online banking? Would I be better off calling them for confirmation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

From a non NIB a/c you will see it on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Bluetonic wrote: »
    From a non NIB a/c you will see it on Thursday.
    Thanks for that Bluetonic. If I ring NIB, will they be able to tell me sooner than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

If you have NIB online banking, set up an SMS alert. In my experience, these get sent out out three times a day - after lunchtime processing, close of business and after overnight processing, depending on how the transaction was generated (lunchtime and COB are related to branch processed transactions)- in your case it would be an overnight update process

The SMS alerts are free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

homer911 wrote: »
    If you have NIB online banking, set up an SMS alert. In my experience, these get sent out out three times a day - after lunchtime processing, close of business and after overnight processing, depending on how the transaction was generated (lunchtime and COB are related to branch processed transactions)- in your case it would be an overnight update process
    Thanks for that homer - well worth asking the question as I never knew about this sms/email alert option!
    homer911 wrote: »
    The SMS alerts are free.
    Are you sure they're free (or does it depend on type of account - as i have their basic 'easy' account) as when I select sms as opposed to email alert, another dropdown box populates with the title 'fee account' - suggesting they will be billing this account for service fee?
    Either way, just as happy with email alert.

I had rang them earlier on today and they said a electronic transfer of funds would take 3 working days - even if i rang to check balance. Perhaps, they're being cautious and may well be faster?

Advertisement