Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri Bar Exntensions

Options
  • 09-07-2008 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good set of tri bar extensions, started to doing some triahtlones and duathlons, I don't want too invest in a TT bike yet...so was looking to stick a set of tri bar extensions on my road bike, do you have to change the setup on the bike? Is worth putting the extensions on the bike or just use the drop postion on the handle bars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I really like my Profile Design Airstryke clip-on aerobars. The arm rests spring up when not in use so I have access to my top bar.

I find the aerobars much easier than the drops as I can relax my arms and upper body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jwwie

when i raced triathlons, i used these and although they have an aggressive position, they were comfortable. they are also lighter than most but i took them off because it really changes the handling of the bike. also, i would recommend moving the seat forward as much as you can and (depending how aggressive/comfortable you want to be) move the stem down as well. its a little tricky to get this right since TT/tri bikes are specifically set up for extensions while road bikes are not. but it can be done.

edit - these particular bars also have a lot of room for adjustment too

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

jwwie wrote: »
    when i raced triathlons, i used these and although they have an aggressive position, they were comfortable. they are also lighter than most but i took them off because it really changes the handling of the bike. also, i would recommend moving the seat forward as much as you can and (depending how aggressive/comfortable you want to be) move the stem down as well. its a little tricky to get this right since TT/tri bikes are specifically set up for extensions while road bikes are not. but it can be done.

edit - these particular bars also have a lot of room for adjustment too

I use the carbon version of the cobra, cant complain, really really light, comfortable gripping area,good aggressive position can be obtained and loads of adjustability which is the main thing.(can be top or bottom mounted aswell)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭digitalage

Thanks for the replies, was onto the wheelworx going out to them tommorow with my bike to get it setup.

Advertisement