Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRISH TRANSFORMERS FAN MEET UP ON THE 18TH JULY 2008.

Options
  • 09-07-2008 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys!

The next Transformers fans meet up has been scheduled for the 18th of July, a Friday night!

The location this time is again in Dublin City Center , in the store Models Inc to be exact. Models Inc. is located on 65 Upper Dorset St, Dublin 1, near the Mater hospital and Temple St. children's hospital on the Northside of the city. If you start from O' Connell st., walk up towards The Ambassador theatre,keeping going straight up Parnell Sq. east past the Garden of Rememberence, straight on to Frederick St. When you get to the crossroads junction of Dorset St. and Blessington St./Frederick st., turn right on to Dorset st., and Models Inc is just before the next junction , opposite The Findlater pub.

A number of Dublin bus routes stop around the shop.

The store is a gaming store and can accomadate a large group of people, and they allow food.

The night will kick off at about 6pm- 7pm , giving people a chance to say hello and meet your fellow TF fans ( Keep it civil!!). Every fan, Old or New , is welcome to attend, so tell your friends and spread the word. If you have some artwork,stories,toys or anything you think might be of interest to the people on the night,feel free to bring it along. Anyone who wants to organise trades/swaps of toys,comics, or other TF stuff is more than welcome to .

There is no structured order to the night yet but we are hoping to have some episodes of TF:Animated to show,either on laptops or a bigger screen, as well as general chats about all things,good and bad, about your favourite robots in disguise. Most TF fans are a talented bunch so we are also hoping to launch a competition on the night to design an Irish Transformer , a mascot for the Transformers Ireland Online MySpace page.

Details will be giving out on the night So get your sketch pads out and start thinking some ideas and names for a new character!

The last meet up was a good laugh and we hope to see most of the same faces again along with lots of new ones and those who couldn't make it last time.

It's a Friday Night- you have no excuses!!!
    Feel Free to Mail or PM me about this.
    Markhall2@gmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Good stuff. I should be able to make it along.

Also.. worth noting there seems to be a mini boards beers on that evening too that we can head along to afterwards.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56524090#post56524090

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

I'm 50/50 as to whether or not i can make it. I hope I can, I have one or two mosaics I'll be able to give you all a sneaky peek at...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Cool. Sneak peaks is always good

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Good stuff. I should be able to make it along.

Also.. worth noting there seems to be a mini boards beers on that evening too that we can head along to afterwards.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56524090#post56524090

Mwahahahaha!!!! We shall launch an assault on them with our nerdy robotic antics!!!

Actually, I was at the last 'main' boards beers. Every second person there seemed to be a TF lover.

Does this make us the cool kids? :cool:

edit: We should totally run in there holding our TF toys in our hands making "ttsssschhhewww" "nyyuooooooommmmmmmmmm" "bikeew!" "ppshrroughhhhh!!!!!!!!!!" noises. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

The world hates me...all the good stuff happens elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Galvasean wrote: »
    Mwahahahaha!!!! We shall launch an assault on them with our nerdy robotic antics!!!

Actually, I was at the last 'main' boards beers. Every second person there seemed to be a TF lover.

Does this make us the cool kids? :cool:

edit: We should totally run in there holding our TF toys in our hands making "ttsssschhhewww" "nyyuooooooommmmmmmmmm" "bikeew!" "ppshrroughhhhh!!!!!!!!!!" noises. :D

We got to pick sides and have a battle through Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

MarkHall wrote: »
    We got to pick sides and have a battle through Dublin.

*grabs suit*

20923614a6798754593l.jpg

Advertisement