Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Neilstown Bridge Roadworks

Options
  • 09-07-2008 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭

I've been driving into work over the newly opened Neilstown bridge and noticed that they had dug up the road for some “roadwork” on the bridge only a couple weeks after it had been opened.

To my horror they have finished the roadwork’s today and left the road there in a disgraceful state. It looks like they just covered the 4x10 foot hole and flattened in with spades. Has anyone else seen this mess of fixing the road back to its pervious state? Surely they can’t get away with that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Did the same with Airton road and made a balls of it, still the same.

Side note ( i believe this belongs elsewhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Not suprised seen as they were about a month overdue on finishing it,the cloverhill bridge is due for completion in october but ive a funny feeling it wont be done this side of christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hdunne

saw that alright, drove over the other day and they had dug up a massive hole and through boards over it and lots of cones. thought how strange when they have just finished. i think they are under severe pressure and need to get going on the cloverhill road which will be closed until october which means christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

hdunne wrote: »
    saw that alright, drove over the other day and they had dug up a massive hole and through boards over it and lots of cones. thought how strange when they have just finished. i think they are under severe pressure and need to get going on the cloverhill road which will be closed until october which means christmas!!

The boards are gone now and it covered with tarmacadam. I't looks like they got a couple of wheel barrows of tarmacadam, dump it into the hole and then used shovels and there feet to flatten down the bump. It definity wasn't flattened by a steam roller. Why not? It looks like the job was done by a bunch of "untrained" monkeys.

If you had paid someone to do you drive way and they left it in that state you wouldn't pay them. Does anyone bother to inspect the work afterwards or does no one give a sh!t!!! No wonder are roads are in shuch a state and this is a brand new road!!!!. :mad:

You can bet the same thing will happen to the Cloverhill road.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hdunne

AntiVirus wrote: »
    The boards are gone now and it covered with tarmacadam. I't looks like they got a couple of wheel barrows of tarmacadam, dump it into the hole and then used shovels and there feet to flatten down the bump. It definity wasn't flattened by a steam roller. Why not? It looks like the job was done by a bunch of "untrained" monkeys.

If you had paid someone to do you drive way and they left it in that state you wouldn't pay them. Does anyone bother to inspect the work afterwards or does no one give a sh!t!!! No wonder are roads are in shuch a state and this is a brand new road!!!!. :mad:

You can bet the same thing will happen to the Cloverhill road.

its seriously not on, especially when they ran over for ages and when it opened the paths werent even finished, thats how rushed they were. we should all ring the county council, its our money and our road we gota drive on everyday (some ppl)

• Advertisement
Advertisement