Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS Paint Issue

• 09-07-2008 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hello, sincerest apologies if this is in the wrong place but due to work stress I am in a huge rush and I dont know what to do!!!!!

basically I have a map of Ireland I got off the internet and the Ms Paint will not let me use the colours in the colour box, It will only let me use the set colours that are already on the picture i.e. when i try to fill with red it uses a pale yellow colour that is on the map already. This has happened before and i don't know why!!!!

does any one have any help or advice on this issue?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Probably because the image you are using is a gif file with a specific colour pallet.
    Save it as a Jpeg and open the jpeg into paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

5uspect wrote: »
    Probably because the image you are using is a gif file with a specific colour pallet.
    Save it as a Jpeg and open the jpeg into paint.

such a simple fix!

Your a legend mate, thank you very much for this!

You're welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭charlesD

You should check out Gimp it is a free image manipulation program that is on the same level as photoshop.

It is a lot more powerful than paint and will let you easily resize and scale images as well as doing anything that paint can do.

+1, excellent suggestion.
    But the GIMP can be prickly enough starting out.
    Paint.net is another fine free alternative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

gimp is a right pain in the arse to start with, but the sooner you start the sooner you will be able to do the basics with free software :)

Advertisement