Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buddy piercing/ink

Options
  • 09-07-2008 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Well this weekend I'm bringing my lil bro to get his labret pierced. He is now of age and then some.

Me being the big brother type I'm gonna pay for his piercing and probably my own. Bit of a special moment I suppose. Anyone else ever experience this?

I'm excited to say the least.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

For my sisters birthday later this month i'm gonna pay for a tattoo for her that I designed. My mam will be going aswell to get her first one, and it's another of my designs so I'm seriously excited about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

My brother and I got matching tatts on our inner wrists last wednesday. It was so much fun and every time I look at it now it reminds me of him.

Even though I really REALLY want to give it a good scratch right now and its driving me mad :rolleyes: Im delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nice one Wilburt, and Skellington, that's fantastic that they're getting your designs done :)

Molberts, if you keep it moisturised it shouldn't get too itchy! Failing that a light slap helps!

Thanks Damo! I got another good tip to blow on it and thats really helping too. The main itchiness is actually the skin around the ink. I was using a really good face moisturiser on the area so the ink is healing really well... but the surrounding area has little red itchy bumps from too much moisturising :rolleyes:

Definitely worth it though, once the itchiness dies down I'm booking in for my back piece :D

Wilbert, what are you getting done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

my bro is getting his labret pierced (same first piercing i got) and I may get one too again but not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

For my sisters birthday later this month i'm gonna pay for a tattoo for her that I designed. My mam will be going aswell to get her first one, and it's another of my designs so I'm seriously excited about it.

That's flippin' class. If you don't mind me asking, how old is your mum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

I've introduced quite a few friends to piercings and soon I'm taking my older sister for her first 'real' piercing; a sternum.
    This is a massive step for her but I'll be with her to calm the neves. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

Khannie wrote: »
    That's flippin' class. If you don't mind me asking, how old is your mum?
    She'll be 51 in October and the last person anyone thought would get one, which makes it even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

Plans on getting bro tatts with one of my best girl mates :D Same but different, where they'll both represent the something we share but will be differences in the designs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Molberts wrote: »
    Thanks Damo! I got another good tip to blow on it and thats really helping too. The main itchiness is actually the skin around the ink. I was using a really good face moisturiser on the area so the ink is healing really well... but the surrounding area has little red itchy bumps from too much moisturising :rolleyes:

Definitely worth it though, once the itchiness dies down I'm booking in for my back piece :D

Wilbert, what are you getting done?

E45_Tube_Cream_2790.JPG_2790.jpgE45_Tube_Cream_2790.JPG_2790.jpgE45_Tube_Cream_2790.JPG_2790.jpgE45_Tube_Cream_2790.JPG_2790.jpg

;););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

My sister wants a tattoo but cant make up her mind on the design- would love to go with her for her first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

Rory123 wrote: »
    E45_Tube_Cream_2790.JPG_2790.jpgE45_Tube_Cream_2790.JPG_2790.jpgE45_Tube_Cream_2790.JPG_2790.jpgE45_Tube_Cream_2790.JPG_2790.jpg

;););)

That stuff is the BUSINESS!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Akon84

yeah i use that stuff too ^^

Cheers Rory123! :D Will invest in a giant tub as i'm planning to get my next one already.

I think the red bumps were actually from where the area was shaved, I put some ingrown hair solution on this afternoon (AROUND the ink not on it!:eek:) and they seem to have gone down. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Skellington, thats so sweet about your mum! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

A friend of mine paid for my first tattoo for my 18th birthday and then my second one was a matching one with him, he's always been my best tattoo friend I spose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

my sister was planning on getting her belly done, and asked me first, i emailed mark in vpiercings a bit, cos she is still only 15, woulda loved to go in with her but dont think she'll get it done.

have one mate who i always plan new tats with, and even came up with one that he will more than likely get once he has the cash. he's the first person i talk to when i come up with a new idea, and the only time i hear from him is when he's heard one of 'our' songs, or when he's got a new idea :D
    we were both present for each others' nipple piercings too, and were meant to get a tat on the same day before i came over here, but he just didnt have the cash at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

E45? Pfffft, here's where it's at!
    bep5d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

with the exception of my sister making me get my lobes pierced when i was 7, my other sister brought me to get my lip pierced when i was 17, which was really klass of her!!! =D i went with her when she got hers done, about 4 years previously!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I got my first tattoo paid for by my friends for my 21st! I went in on my own though :( I've gotten pierced with loads of friends though - I love getting pierced at the last minute :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

I was 14 when I got my navel pierced with 2 school friends. And then me and my best friend got our nipples pierced after the Leaving before going to college. But the best is for my 21st me and 2 friends got tattoos done together, although they were 3 very different tatts :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I always bring a mate, when i got my tongue done a mate got her tragus done beside me then we went back for opposites a year later

a best mate came when getting my nape pierced and freaked on my behalf when she saw it spurt blood

ex bf came for first tatt, mate who wants a tatt but has always been too nervous came for my second one to get to see what goes on and talk to an artist, another best mate came for my last one, and I brought her for her first one and we're getting similar tatts now soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Zeppie

My first tattoo I got with my mom. She had her first in her 40's and was celebrating her 50th the year I paid for it. I wanted to get her something special and something that would last. What better then a tattoo you share with your daughter!?

E45? Pfffft, here's where it's at!
    bep5d.jpg

Yeah Bepanthen for the first couple of days. E45 after for me!!!

How about a compromise?!....

bep5d.jpg+E45_Tube_Cream_2790.JPG_2790.jpg=:):):)

Brought my brother in on Saturday to Body Shock.
    Poor fella was shakin and unfortunately working himself up way too much about it.
    Paddy was telling him to relax and I was ripping the p!ss to lighten the mood.
    I could see the colour drain from my brothers face the second the needle went through but thankfully was over pretty quickly.
    I made sure my brother had a good meal before he came, brought him outside to sit down on the steps of central bank, still pale as a ghost. He told me he wasn't feeling to hot so I went and got him some coke to get a bit of a sugar rush into him. Worked pretty well because 5mins later his cheeks were rosey once again.
    Made him head off to burger king to get some more food into himself.

2 days on his labret is still quite swollen. I'm gonna put in a longer bar for him later today because his lip is engulfing the piercing. Getting him to clean it and not fidget with the piercing is a pain but he will learn in time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Knee-Vee

I got my tattoo done at the same time as one of my best friends. He'd had a few done before so was well used to it, whereas I was pretty nervous. (for nervous read terrified)

It was great, he went first so I could "see it's nothing to be scared of" and then I went. Got the outline just about finished when I whitied out and had to stop for a few minutes while the lads made me drink orange juice and sugary tea, and eat a lump of chocolate. After that it was grand, and my friend held my hand when it started to become very painful.

Funny though, any time I hear the 10,000 Days album by Tool now it reminds me of that, we had it playing in the background for additional distraction.

Knee-Vee wrote: »
    Funny though, any time I hear the 10,000 Days album by Tool now it reminds me of that, we had it playing in the background for additional distraction.

Same with me, except The killers - Sam's town. The guys were playing it and Itlaian roadio also. Anytime I hear either of them I think if getting inked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

ive gotten pierced with my lil sis a few times,and went in with my mate the other day to get pierced as a kind of bonding thing.plan to get matching tatts with my sis when shes of age:)

Advertisement