Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a dog last night!

Options
  • 09-07-2008 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Found a lovely dog last night, i don't think he is lost long, very clean and not very skinny.. would love to find its owners..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Well where did you find him!!! :D

There is a lost/found forum on www.irishanimals.ie
    Put an ad in your local vets, contact the local pound to inform them that if anyone comes looking for the dog, to contact you instead ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

Have u informed the local pound, but please dont send him there, also police and maybe put notices up in shops. Another good place is ISPCA lost and found and maybe some of the other websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

what area did you find the dog? that might narrow down the search...

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Storm_rages

he was in coolmine industrial park blanchardstown!
    We went down to the police station but there was no notice up.. (will print off his picture and put a found one up) ... na would never bring a dog to the pound .. but man he howled the place down last night.. he ended up sleeping in our bedroom...

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

The local radio might also be a good plan to communicate your find.

I would however not give too many details about the dog and let the claimer guess a few details as a proof. There are some ill-intended people out there who might claim a dog that isn't theirs ... for whichever reason.
    ValerieR

• Advertisement

thanks Valerie...

i was thinking about that.. i think i will make sure the owners have a picture of him or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Tried checking to see if he's microchipped?

btw, who can actually check this, the pound, a vet, rescue centres ?
    I just got a new pup, so don't know too much yet. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

A vet should be able to help checking whether it's micro-chipped ! :-)

ValerieR

yea i am off tomorrow so i will take him down to the vet.. kinda worried about what i will do if i don't find his owner.. part of me really wants to keep him but i do work a lot (as does my partner) and i'm not sure if would be fair on him...fingers crossed we can find his owner!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

If you have no luck finding his owner I'd be very interested in adopting him (if you didnt want him) - he looks like just the sort of wee fella we want!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You can post his photo and details in the reception area up at Ashtown Pound. Thats how I re-united the last dog I found with his owner.

ah i like it i will stick a picture in the pound for sure...!! (mind you i will have to close my eye in there, don't want to end up coming back with two dogs instead!)
    Aquascrotum: I will keep you in mind.. i still think we will find his owners.. (he is a lovely tempered dog and i can't see that he has been strayed long) and i am trying very hard not to fall in love with him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

ah i like it i will stick a picture in the pound for sure...!! (mind you i will have to close my eye in there, don't want to end up coming back with two dogs instead!)
    Aquascrotum: I will keep you in mind.. i still think we will find his owners.. (he is a lovely tempered dog and i can't see that he has been strayed long) and i am trying very hard not to fall in love with him..

I see we think a like.

dam little furry four legged creatures !!! with their brown eyes and big hearts...

Advertisement