Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards Football Team needs players - EMERGENCY!

• 09-07-2008 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks.

The Boards Football team needs some players to play in a Cup Match on Friday 11th July (this coming Friday).

If you fancy an 11-a-side game, on Astro, this Friday, no matter your standard, if you can kick a ball that would be an advantage.

Come on lads, help us out.

We are playing at St. Colmcilles, meeting at 19.30 (half past seven, PM)

Directions

From Town

Head for Terenure, towards Rathfarnham Village.
    Go past Rathfarnham Village and turn right at the Yellow House pub, on to Wilbrook Road.
    Proceed for 2 miles (approx), (Wilbrook Road leads onto Ballyboden Road) staying right at the Tuning Fork pub junction.
    You will come to a round about after the Statoil station, take the 3rd exit at the roundabout on to Templeroan Road and proceed to another round about, straight through this on to Scholarstown Road, straight through the next roundabout and St. Colmcilles is on your left just after the traffic lights.
    Stay right on entering the grounds, the pitch is to the back of the school, parking available pitch side.

From M50

Take the Firhouse exit (Exit 12) off the M50, head for Ballyboden (City side of the M50).
    Go through a roundabout, St. Colmcilles is 200 yards past the roundabout on the right hand side.
    Stay right on entering the grounds, the pitch is to the back of the school, parking available pitch side

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

How many regulars do you reckon on showing up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

pvt.joker wrote: »
    How many regulars do you reckon on showing up?

Ten or eleven, looks like.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Des, I would love to tog out but a long trip from Clare.

Come on fellow boardsie's take one for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Des is this game kicking kicking off at 9 in Wesley. I thought it was 8 in Colmcilles? Im working till 9.30 but may be able to knock off an hour early and make kick off. Mightn't know until the last minute, could depend how busy we are. I'll let you know asap.

Nunu wrote: »
    Des is this game kicking kicking off at 9 in Wesley. I thought it was 8 in Colmcilles? Im working till 9.30 but may be able to knock off an hour early and make kick off. Mightn't know until the last minute, could depend how busy we are. I'll let you know asap.

It is at 8 in Colmcilles.

Sorry.

Can you make it?

Joe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Would love to help out Des but dont finish work in Belfast till around 6 so wouldn't make it in time. If your ever stuck at the weekend i'll answer the call...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Hi Des,
    I live pretty close to there so i'll help u out if ur stuck. I play in the 6-a-side astro league at the mo.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Hi Des,
    I live pretty close to there so i'll help u out if ur stuck. I play in the 6-a-side astro league at the mo.

Yep, come on out.

I'll reply to your PM in a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Who are you and what have you done with DesF? :eek:

Advertisement