Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pruning Portuguese Laurel

Options
  • 09-07-2008 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Im looking for a bit of advice about how and when to prune portuguese laurel. I have planted the laurel as a hedge to the front of my house about four months ago. They are currently 3 feet high. I keep them well fed and watered and they are doing very well but someone told me that if i want them to mature into a privacy providing hedge that i should prune the top of them now. My question is; do i prune the top of them? How much do i take off them? and when is the right time to do it? Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 studfromthewood

Im well aware that you have probably cut them by now!!! However we planted about 500 of them in 07/08.....some of them are very high and dence now.... It seem that they grow about a foot a year now!

We cut about a foot of them each year

Advertisement