Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless heartache

Options
  • 09-07-2008 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Can anyone reccomend a solution to my problem ??

I have 2Mb/1Mb wireless BB, and a blueface account.
    My Netgear TA612v (has phone connection connecting back to patch pannel), connecting into Linkys WKPC54G.

At present we have desktop and wireless laptop using network, but would like to look at additional SIP phones, Gaming, Mediastreaming.
    At present I seem to spend more time rebooting/getting engaged tone/unobtainable tone.

I want to look at options to get:
    A - a stable phone line
    B - Upgrade my wireless network

Is their a more stable option that the netgear ATA ?
    Do I need to buy my ATA through Blueface ?
    Is there one stable piece of kit that will do both ?
    I have been told about Mediaflex 2825 to replace the Linkys box, is this suitable.

Help !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

I have found in the past the netgear ata's (most ata's) sometimes need to be re booted but nothing near as often as you say..
    Is your BB connection up to making Voip calls ?
    The WRT54GP2 will do what you require but it could be all down to your actual connection etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bish-bosh

hi Johnnie,
    Thanks for that i think the issue is down to the fact that i have wireless BB and then two boxes after that (Netgear & Lynksys). If there is any form of flicker on the service it seems to be exagerated by the two boxes, thus taking the service down regularly. The BB service is correct and the speeds are fine but there is occasional tiny blips. I am thinking of getting a single ATA than can accomodate wireless connectivity.

Advertisement