Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Punto Rear Axle - right off?

Options
  • 09-07-2008 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hi i have a 01 fiat punto and was in a crash, they replaced it and now after driving it for a few days its cocked on me after clicking noises in the back. the rear axle , wheel, bumper were replaced. i'm now worried the car is damaged even from replacing, should this have been a right off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Go find out what the knock is before jumping to conclusions. Could be anything.

No need for panic till you find out what's actually wrong.

Then come back here and let us know. I hate half a story

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hdunne

Go find out what the knock is before jumping to conclusions. Could be anything.

No need for panic till you find out what's actually wrong.

Then come back here and let us know. I hate half a story

i know a gut who is a mecanic and he was surprised they had replaced a broken axle and wasnt surprisd it was still funny. he would have thought it should have been a right off for a snapped axle, thats why i was asking

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Take it back to whomever fixed it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the rear bushings are a common fault on them and it causes a knocking noise, get someone to check that out before ya put it off as damage from the crash.,

Advertisement