Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bonekickers

• 09-07-2008 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

More like bonkers! Did anyone happen to catch this on BBC last night? For those who do not know it is a new drama set around an archaeology department in England. Ill give a brief summary of the pilot
    Our team of archaeologists consist of the constantly icy site supervisor, alcholic prof who just wants to dig beside a bar, overeager postgraduate who knows sweet feck all about archaeology and the cool field officer. Our team discover knights templar and saracen remains in london. Postgrad gets an onlooker to help pull a lump of wood out of the site, onlooker gets splinter and starts healing the sick, you guessed it . THE TRUE CROSS! Que modern knights templar who wage war on the archaeologists which cumulates in a battle between both sides in an underground cavern which holds various crosses from the holy land. Templars and crosses all get burnt by archaeologists. The leave... "can we now please go to the pub" end show.

Entertaining but oh god. Carbon 14 results in 3 minutes!! Archaeologists flashing IDs and getting access into private offices!! I wish! red faced builders who get a sever telling off from an archaeolgist about contexts! Which they then in turn ignore.

Cant wait for next week:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Grimes wrote: »
    More like bonkers! Did anyone happen to catch this on BBC last night? For those who do not know it is a new drama set around an archaeology department in England. Ill give a brief summary of the pilot

[

Entertaining but oh god. Carbon 14 results in 3 minutes!! Archaeologists flashing IDs and getting access into private offices!! I wish! red faced builders who get a sever telling off from an archaeolgist about contexts! Which they then in turn ignore.

Saw this in the schedules but only have rte so missed it. Might see if it's on again at weekend and go home and watch it on sky. I have to say I have a worrying obsession with watching Bones - the one with Angel in it. C14 in 3 mins ..... if only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

da Vinci code meets Time Team meets Indiana Jones... myself and my friend were cringing... "Don't stand on the edge, you'll damage the section!!" What flaming section?? I looked like a corpo rush job!! :D

Don't think I'll bother next week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Our team of archaeologists consist of the constantly icy site supervisor, alcholic prof who just wants to dig beside a bar, overeager postgraduate who knows sweet feck all about archaeology and the cool field officer. Our team discover knights templar and saracen remains in london. Postgrad gets an onlooker to help pull a lump of wood out of the site, onlooker gets splinter and starts healing the sick, you guessed it . THE TRUE CROSS! Que modern knights templar who wage war on the archaeologists which cumulates in a battle between both sides in an underground cavern which holds various crosses from the holy land. Templars and crosses all get burnt by archaeologists. The leave... "can we now please go to the pub" end show.

Sounds worse than Relic Hunter:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

bkdvd.jpg

indiana-jones-kingdom-crystal-skull.jpg

Enough Said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

sounds like csi syndrome..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

We have top men working on it now. Top men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Archaeologists flashing IDs and getting access into private offices!!

Are you telling me you've never flashed your safe pass to get into a secret underground base?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Nutlog!!!

I wonder how popular the show'd be if they gave it a less controversial and more apt title:

"Next on Channel 4...Sh*te Shifters!"

or

"Last week on Arthritic Hippies..."

PS. No one ever checks my safe pass anyway, so I can go wherever the hell I like! Next stop, Lillies Bordello!

Advertisement